The Death of a Stormtrooper

I printed several pieces of this model ,ready available for free on the net, it’s a good piece to test my resin 3D printer, my son’s best friend was having it’s birthday and i decide to paint one for him, it was a very quick job of a couple of hours,I spend more time waiting for the various layers of paint to dry than the execution itself, the colors of the various parts of the helmet are not exactly the right ones, the gray parts are too dark and the air vents are black instead of blue, but it will be for the next one.

I used oil paint for the dust effect and a black wash … that’s it,but I’m pretty happy with the result, soon I would like to do more pieces, try to emulate the effect in different environments, desert, jungle, mud, etc. …it is a good piece to test various effects and techniques, perhaps with some modifications in epoxy, plus the printing of a similar piece is very fast (1h20) and costs me less than a $.

9 Likes

I’m loving this it’s great to see something different done with a storm trooper figure, well done indeed.

1 Like

Thanks!

it is a very popular file, you can find it everywhere and for free, especially as a test file because it is very easy to print, and as watering it gives you a myriad of possibilities, I have already printed several and in various scales …the only problem it’s my son makes them disappear to give them to all his friends at school :roll_eyes:

IMG_2139

2 Likes

Can’t complain about that, there’s a group of boys that think you’re the coolest dad around, street 'cred for you and your son! :metal:

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

The problem is that now specific requests are starting to arrive, the Halo Tank,AT-AT and certain things that I have no idea what they are… :thinking:…, and one even gave him a sketch to know if I can do it in 3D !! … the sketch is exceptional ,I was amazed,and from a 10 year old boy ,I told him “Mate you have a career ahead” ,but I don’t even know where to start!..it’s not easy to be “the Coolest Dad in Town”…but “it’s a Dirty Job but Somebody’s Gotta Do It”… :joy:

1 Like

If you do a M808B Scorpion MBT I will 100% buy it from you!!!

I dont care what scale, but I want one!

1 Like

I am pushing my son to learn to use the CAD and because he really really really wants a Scorpion can be a good incentive…and actually I like it too :joy:

1 Like

+1
Im also looking for decent Halo Spartan miniature, but no one seems to do it. I can provide Halo Reach Spartan files if that help.

2 Likes

I would be more than happy to do it … to have the skills, but unfortunately for the moment I am learning and I have concentrated more in printing than in designing on CAD, I know how to slightly modify the files or fix errors on the file but not much more’…printing:yes CADding:Nope :sob:….at least now

1 Like

well you know more about it than I do so I might be asking you for lessons

3 Likes

No kidding, at least we knew where Vader stood and his goals, they worshipped C3P0 as a god.

1 Like

And they’re also sexist,Leila new dress and fancy hair,Luke,Chubecca and Han on the barbie… :meat_on_bone:

Hope the Wookiee steak isn’t Chewie! :sunglasses:

Why do I have envisions of Iron Maiden’s Eddie.

1 Like

Eddie!!…🧟‍♂…when I was 10 the Church organised a playback for the kids,everyone done some kids songs or some 80’pop,me and my friends we done a song of the Iron Maiden,don’t remember which,I was Eddie covered in toilet paper :roll_of_toilet_paper: and some chains…luckily in my country at that time only few speak English, and my Priest was not one of them ,but still was not extremely happy :smiley: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like