The Great Canadian Campaign!

Think this may be perfect for Dieppe rocks. Found at Michaels

1 Like

@Mead93 That might do the trick nicely. If the edges edges round off in the tumbler, I think you’ve got a winner. Thank-you for the effort.

Cheers,
Colin

No worries, I’ve been wanting to do this Dieppe build for a while now

Day 1 Update:

So far I’ve managed to:

1. Slice open my thumb
  2. Spill half a bottle of CA accelerator
  3. Drop 45 minutes of work and watch it explode into its component parts because CA = brittle

How’s everyone else’s day going?

Canmedic, it sounds like the universe is telling you to take the day off! At least you can use the superglue to seal up your thumb wound…

1 Like

Bugger, sounds like somebody needs a well-deserved beverage to dull the pain

1 Like

Yep, par for the course with Accurate Armour. Check out the pics of the ARRV I am doing for the gulf war build - date mark 31 Jan

2 Likes

Step 1: Get that in bulk.
Step 2: Put it in the tumbler
Step 3: Offer it for sale as Dieppe shingle
Step 4: Retire on the profits
:smiley:

4 Likes

I hope it’s the right size! If so I think it’ll be perfect

Ouch… hope the finger and build are okay…

Ran out and bought some of those rocks. They look perfect. Gonna tumble some this week, I’ll post the results here

3 Likes

Tonight’s update…

After a very fun (and productive) 2 hour long livestream with @DennisatAutoloader as we built our TUAs I have a bunch of progress pics to show!

Almost all the main resin parts added. and a few bits of PE.

And some pics of the launcher itself. It went together fine but the instructions were very unclear. Still some clean up work to do.

The very well detailed but pain to build C6. (Still need to add the carry handle)

Till tomorrow!

9 Likes

Very much in the excellent category Ezra! Your work is so good and so fast! You remind me of Steve Zaloga. Masterful builds in half the time of a human modeler. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks alot Matt! :grin:

So I’ve managed to finish the commander’s cupola and the TOW launcher. I added the inside parts to the hatch as well because I might pose it open.

Shame on legend for making so many parts for one assembly. On the cupola the commanders sight is made up of 14 parts… I mean come on I would have sacrificed some detail to have it in less parts, but I still did it.

Also Im not a fan of resin rivets but sadly there are about a hundred to add to the whole model.

The TOW launcher was actually really fun to build. I will still add chains on the smoke launchers.

I also dug into my spares and pulled out a complete set of M113 suspension and wheels. (Academy and Tamiya) I had to do this because I dont have a M113 doner kit but Im PRETTY sure I have enough in my spares to build it.

And I’ll end with a overall shot…

8 Likes

That’s really friggin cool I have to get one of those Legend TUA kits! Hey I have a love for all things TOW.

1 Like

First side of tracks done…

3 parts per link, let that sink in…

3 Likes

You work fast! Looking great!

Thanks Mead!

Tracks finished.

3 Likes

I’m debating whether or not to pull the trigger and buy this Legend ADATS kit…

I have the spare hull and running gear needed…

What ya guys think?

4 Likes

Buy it. You can be my guinea pig!