The Great Canadian Campaign!

Anyone up for a Canadian armed forces campaign? Past and present.
Lose rules being build anything used or made by the Canadian army.
Armor, aircraft, ships and submarines.

Proposed start date: July 1 2021
End date: July 1 2022

What does everyone think? :grin:

2 Likes

Hello, count me in.
Large time frame is a good idea.

2 Likes

Yes!
Canada fights hard whenever they fight, yet don’t get a lot of love.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting, I am game. Won’t be able to start til later in the year/next.

2 Likes

Sounds good, and I’m in. Possibly with Avro Lancaster.

2 Likes

I could be tempted…I have several contenders in the stash.

2 Likes

I would do one for sure, I have the Takom Leopard C2 Mexas or I might go with a Tasca Firefly and do a Sherbrooke Fusiliers from Normandy. The start date would work well for me also.

1 Like

Great we have 7 people so far!

Well now you have 8
Don’t know what yet but definitely in.
Cheers,

2 Likes

Ooo might be time to start my Dieppe Churchill

Was gonna hold off till I moved but can’t miss this campaign. The regiment that used these Churchill’s was stationed about 20 minutes from my house

2 Likes

Now we got 9! :wink:
Cant wait to see that Churchill Mead!

1 Like

It looks like a fantastic kit. Box is absolutely full of parts.

2 Likes

Well I have an F-5A and some Canadian decals in the stash. might be a good way to use them up. And the timing is good for me.

1 Like

On the subject there seemed to be a “interesting” discussion about Canadian navy subjects over on the Fine scale forums… :roll_eyes:
http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/7/t/55486.aspx

Almost makes me want to make a Canadian sub just in spite of everyone… :wink:

1 Like

Think I could go for this, have a Firefly in the stash.

2 Likes

Just ordered my kit and some after market.
I will be building a Leopard 2A6M CAN with Barracuda.
I dont want to spend hours building PE slat armor so I will use the fairly nice plastic ones.

I didnt want to spend $70+ for the Barracuda so I ordered a set of AFV club Barracuda I will add myself.

Hopefully this will be a fun build.

5 Likes

Hi, never done anything like a campagn before but I do have a Trumpeteer kit of a AVGP Grizzley… could I participate with that, just doing a simple build of the kit as it is, BOB I think it’s called?
(Here in Holland a BOB is someone who doesn’t drink because he still has to drive… )

2 Likes

Welcome Bert. Anything Canadian, so the Grizzly fits right in.

Most people call building ‘Out Of the Box’ OOB, but BOB is good too.

It is funny how slang terms come about. In Australia, a ‘Bob’ is a reference to a pre-decimal coin called a shilling (same as in England). Whilst the coin is only of collector’s interest these days, there are us older Aussies that still use it in slang terms when talking about something being low value or of little importance. “I don’t give two bob”, " as silly as a two bob watch", etc.

4 Likes

Bert that looks like a fun build!
Just ordered a container of green stuff for the Barracuda mats of my Leo.

1 Like

Count me in! I think I’ll have quite a few kits to put into this. LAV’s, TUA’s, and Leos!

1 Like