The last of us! 1/35 Heavy armor

lol … great work as always Erik and the chair was a neat add in … You can almost imagine a Monty Python scene with the chair there. The detailing stands out great on the chain mail, that has some nice depth.

2 Likes

Uncle-Heavy!
(The last of us! 1/35 Heavy armor - #15 by Uncle-Heavy)

“That chair would twist the whole diorama into a reenactment event where the reenactors got too enthusiastic and went too far.”

Went to an English Heritage Open Day at Bolsover Castle, they doing a Medieval Melee, 4 teams, where one member of each team had a fancy head dress, Object: Capture the Head dress.

They were so enthusiastic, one of then was knocked clean out!
(Medics sorted it out though)

2 Likes

The people who play D & D and do renaissance fairs here in the States have the Society for Creative Anachronisms.

1 Like

Call the Roman Jeep Cavalry.

Roman Redux: Five Leadership Lessons from the Legions (NNSFW) | Breach ...

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone got my Seat at the table reference.

1 Like

I sort of got it, if it was to do with JW ?

:+1: dude.

1 Like

My pleasure … I’m looking forward to the next round of the guaranteed bloodbath lol

Haven’t see the movie,
yet,
when I get around to it,
eventually …

1 Like

He and HB are probably the only two legit gunslingers I can think of in movies. AB, you are the polar opposite.

I am glad the thread is full of life!
I keep painting the figures, no one is finished yet but a lot of steps forward. It’s not so complicated to paint knights compared to German camouflage.
I am trying to compact the base as much as possible, the goal is that almost all the ground is covered by soldiers and equipment.
I want to finish the figure painting before I start to do the ground.

Two pictures that kind of show the effect I want to produce.
Cheers!

5 Likes

Just how you would expect it to be … Close quarters … And a lot of blood … Looks great Erik :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Very nice work so far!
And for Johnnych01:

3 Likes

Thanks guys! I am trying to find poses for every figure so it almost looks like an old painting.
I will also try to add a scratched figure that are laying on top of one of the other ones.
Cheers

4 Likes

Most excellent :+1::ok_hand:

3 Likes

That’s a clever idea about the poses and making it look like a painting … Some of those I have seen look amazing :+1:

3 Likes

John, one day I will make this classic Monty Python scene as a vignette!

8 Likes

Lol… Now that I’m waiting for :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

I hav had worse.

3 Likes

Yeah, when I was completely decapitated and my torso sliced in half, that stung a bit, but a few paracetamol and a first field dressing, I was good to go after 20 minutes or so …

3 Likes