The nightwatch

a journey between light and shadow.
Started in 2021, somewhere thinking on creating something special.
For me a challenge trying to upgrade some skills, probably at the end some frustration richer.

Young miniatures 1/10 scale

started with the face

Dry fit al components

Painting the clothing

Going out of my comfort box, starting the light and shadows between the moonlight and the lamp

9 Likes

Wow the lighting painting effect is working

1 Like

That is a real challenge you have set yourself there Jan- but you are surely mastering it by the look of the progress you have made.

1 Like

Beautiful!!

This reminds me of something I saw on a Dutch forum site, someone painted a figure with lighteffects, if you want, I can send you the link.

Yes, always looking forward to see other painters there work.

Light effect done entirely with paint…

3 Likes

Great work, something small turning out a beautiful peace with a great atmosphere.

Wow, what a great paint job. Young Miniatures are some of the best around, but you sure bring out the best detail with your painting.
Lloyd

I always imagined this guy to be a Paul Revere, or similar! :thinking:
:grinning: :canada:

Thanks, still working on it

8 Likes

Will second what everyone else has said, the paintwork is amazing!
Really does look like that lamp is glowing.

Repainted the night watch,

5 Likes

Cannot decide which I like better, both are great in there own way. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Similar to the work of my friend Robert Blokker…

3 Likes

Interesting tones you have gone for there Jan. I quite like the subtle effects of the lamp and the overall impression I get from the figure is of it being moonlit night where the lamp’s glow is not so noticeable in the light of a bright moon.

Very nice repaint and for me I prefer the 2nd version. The tones are just a little bit more subtle which gives it some nice shading all over.

1 Like

Great tones on the lighting, not an easy task.