The Objective in Germany 1945, M4A1 Sherman | Armorama™

From modeller Luis Mendoza Casares and his stunning diorama "The Objective" in Germany in 1945, M4A1 Sherman The M4 Sherman, officially Medium Tank, M4, was the most widely used medium tank by the United States and Western Allies in World War II. The M4 Sherman proved to be reliable, relatively cheap to produce, and available in great numbers. It was also the basis of several other armored fighting vehicles including self-propelled artillery, tank destroyers, and armored recovery vehicles.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/the-objective-in-germany-1945-m4a1-sherman
1 Like

Very nicely done diorama. The building looks great as does the tank, but the figures are average. I think the modeler did a great job but I wouldn’t say stunning.

1 Like

Very nice, specialy the figures👍

1 Like

Unfortunately the front and rear bogie wheels on both sides of the tank appear to be floating. Hardly a ‘stunning’ bit of modeling there, but Adie appears to have never met an adjective he didn’t like! When you overuse amazing, fantastic, unbelievable, awesome, incredible, stunning, etc. they lose their true meaning. Perhaps nice try, good job, well done, not bad, would be more appropriate in most cases? Save the those other words for the stuff that is obviously a cut above the rest.

They are not floating but are being pulled upward as the track is too tight. Consequently they are angled somewhat upward and the track underneath them is not touching the ground. Easy problem to avoid if the front and rear bogie assemblies are glued to ensure they remain horizontal to the ground.

1 Like

Look up floating in the dictionary; one of its definitions is ‘located out of the normal position’. I believe that describes what is happening here very well.
Bob

I give it a “job well done”, “kudos”, “artful” and “better than I could have done”.

But fantastic? No. the floating bogies on the Sherman label this as more artful than it is technically correct and in a model competition those bogies would mean you would get zero trophies. Unless less the trophy was for “Best Armor by Popular Vot”. That one you might just win.

And again very artfully done. Kudos. Now make corrections and try again. You will no doubt win on the second go-round.

I like the figures and the base

1 Like