The T26 Sterling

This version makes much more sense. The dual front wheels would be a b!tch to turn.

1 Like

Is not the T28 Super Heavy from Dragon Models good enough? Having seen the real item a number of times the kit certainly looks “on target” to my eye. (Note: I have not read the reviews.)

1 Like

The single front wheels Sterling is not really a “version.” A jack, an impact wrench and 2-3 guys can convert between single and dual front wheels in an afternoon. Just don’t let one of those tires fall over and land on you!

1 Like

Good video describing the development of the T26 and its demise.

1 Like

This thread started with a posting of that video :+1: :grin:

Steering: Wagon steering requires power assist even with single wheels up front

2 Likes

I guess it has come full circle then. :sweat_smile:

Guess I should look at the whole thread before posting. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

No worries, the link deserves repeating :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

@Frenchy Yeah. Practically any book can be had if one is willing to pay a high price. Unless and until my portfolio grows by one magnitude, I would prefer to keep things on the low side. :slightly_smiling_face:

@165thspc If I recall correctly, tracks on the Dragon T28 are the wrong width. The model designer tweaked a bunch of angles to compensate such that the whole thing is too narrow by 5 or 6 mm. On the other hand, it is definitely in the ball park and looks like a T28. Dunno. Sometimes I wonder if the 1mm here and 2 mm there stuff really matters. It’s not like I am building master grade models for museums. Yet, I want stuff to be right. Another negative for me is the Dragon Styrene tracks.

2 Likes

Cool! It´s HEMTT´s granddad! :grin:

2 Likes

I would certainly go for a Sterling in 1/35th but I would also want that monster 6-axle articulated trailer to go along with!

1 Like

One more of Tony’s fantastic CAD illustrations from the book. (Highly recommended!)

1 Like

Apparently, this guy has made a 1/16 RC version. It even has motorized ramps on the M15A1 trailer. Pretty cool.

1 Like

OK now, thats just disgusting. Not only great scratch building skills, but fully operational too?
Ken

3 Likes

I guess this is the one

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22713

H.P.

2 Likes