Thracian peltast 75mm

I’m presenting a very nice figure of a Thracian peltast in 75mm, courtesy given to me from my friend and sculptor Georgi Stamov for painting. Sculpting is excellent, with nice detail on the face, the Pelta shield is particularly well represented, Sica sword is included and two javelins.
Thracians usually wore colorful clothes, with decorations, also on the shields, so the figure will give very nice opportunities for painting.
Very dynamic pose also :slight_smile:
I will start painting it soon :wink:

Highly recommended!

2 Likes

Looks like a very nice figure. I would have preferred to see him with boots rather than greaves but if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years it’s never (well, almost never) to say something’s wrong with an ancient reconstruction as it’s almost certain evidence to the contrary will immediately appear!

Regards,

M

1 Like

This is mural from one of the Thracian tombs in my hometown, Kazanlak. It shows light troops with greaves. Although with boots will look also nice :wink:

The guy on the left:

54787e5e392cb

Oops, wrong picture, edited :slight_smile:

1 Like

“it’s almost certain evidence to the contrary will immediately appear!”
And, Lo!, it does! :grin:

Regards,

M

1 Like

Very nice figure. The shield certainly is very well sculpted.

1 Like

Looking forward to see another masterpiece, Venko!

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

@Venko Is there any chance your friend will be making this figure available commercially?. I’m an early Seleucid successor fan and his sculpture is excellent. The open pose is a perfect canvas for Thacian patterns and colors. I’m sure you’ll do it justice.
Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Black and white first :slight_smile:

Skin colors and cloth decorations. The tunic color is light pale blue, but I cannot catch it very well with the camera.
The greaves are bronze, I mixed Scale75 Trash metal with FW Burnt umber ink.

4 Likes

For what I can see on the pictures, looking very good.
Waiting for the next steps.

1 Like

The cloth decorations look great.

1 Like

Very nice work. The patterns, on the clothing, looks amazing.

1 Like

Shield decorations, serpent was very popular:

Cheers!

5 Likes

That figure came excellent!

1 Like