Three Amigos: Takom, Tamiya & Dragon Neo - Panzer IIIN build log

Nicely done. I am assuming an Eastern Front finish. Well, get cracking. :grin:

Indeed Eastern Front 502nd Tiger Battalion 42/43 near Leningrad is the plan.

Have to tear hobby room apart and recognize before painting. New spray booth arrived and just about everything has to be moved.

Good luck on the remodel. Work quickly. :grin:

1 Like

Will try:)

Taking a break after doing two Pz III’s in a row. T-34-85 Campaign

Want to have a fresh start with the Dragon kit.

1 Like

Excellent job and insight into the two kits, great comparison

Rich

1 Like

There’s a bit of humor in this…

Working hobby room to set up paint booth this morning.

Apparently the threat to use spare Takom parts on the old Imperial DML/Dragon x-Gunzy Sanyo Pz IV F2 is not to be taken lightly.

I moved the F2’s storage box and FOUR spare cupolas slid out from under the old model’s secure styrofoam holding tray. That included the one ready for the model that’s been missing for eight year’s.

I had previously checked that box for the missing cupola probably a dozen times over the years. It sounds silly (cause it is) but I literally feel electrified finding that cupola AND the missing road wheel.

If one was even mildly superstitious, this could be viewed as a divine omen from the styrene gawds, the old F2 should move to the front of the que…

8 Likes

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

When your system fails you, it’s great to have luck on your side! …:game_die: :game_die:

1 Like

System - code 86 plus an ID10T error, epic fail for sure - must be those Tamiya Extra Thin fumes :slight_smile:

It’s good to get lucky!

2 Likes

Hopefully sometime next week will be back with Pz III N updates.

FWIW - the Tamiya Pz III L previously mentioned above.

11 Likes

That is an excellent job! Beautifully done.
Is the drivers visor green or just the photo ?

1 Like

@metalhead85 Richard, thank you.

The driver visor is tinted green. The cupola vision ports are as well. Tried to emulate the German armored glass of the era.

1 Like

Oh ok didn’t know that. Really great finish!

1 Like

Sharp looking Pz III. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Minor progress today, picked up the name plates for the Three Amigos from the local trophy shop.

6 Likes

Ooo really nice!
What shop did you get them from and can you order online? Id really like to get one for my Calliope and Grizz.

Ezra, they might do mail order for a slight fee. I don’t think their website supports online orders. David is excellent to work with and might accommodate doing a mail order. I used to do a ot of stuff with Essic when I lived in the area.

David might remember me, feel free to say Wade recommended them. My experience has been its hard to find quality engraving. I struck out in the state of Indiana so far.

Essic Sporting Goods & Trophy Shop in Gastonia, North Carolina

1320 East Franklin Blvd, Gastonia, NC
Phone: 704-867-4491

The rest of the new name plates…

Cool thanks for the info!
Those look really high quality!

1 Like

Getting closer to getting hobby room sorted out and reorganized.

Storage Shelf Archaeological Dig turned up an ancient 1970’s Tamiya III M/N built as Pz III Ausf N completed in early 90’s.

I think this old dog :dog2: makes a nice compare to the newer kits.

Fun Build but short of detail. Paint color was a random guess. With a basic upgrade of new tools, new tracks, some PE the basic bones of the old kit would probably still build up fairly nice with added weld seams etc.

Return to Panzer III Ausf N build land should return later in the year with the DML build.

7 Likes