Thunder Model LRDG F30 | Armorama™

Three LRDG F30 kits in molding stage will be available soon from Thunder Model

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/thunder-model-lrdg-f30
1 Like

This looks interesting from Thunder Models released shortly . I believe all we need now is a decent CWB 30 CWT and we have a convoy.

Interesting. Looks like the Bofors 40mm AT gun in the back.

1 Like

I think you’re right, I believe they were donated by the Egyptian Army.

Cheers,

M

1 Like

I’m down.

2 Likes

Its a Breda 37mm by all accounts that they relieved the italians of.
I believe they borrowed a few of them and turned them back on the axis.

Definitely the Bofors, although I got the calibre wrong. Only Breda I can find at 37mm is a shipboard automatic AA.

Although I wouldn’t discount an Italian source for the guns. The guns got about a lot in the first couple of years of the war and Bofors granted a lot of licence production rights.

It’ll be a great kit. A few years back I bought Mirages kit of the gun with the idea with the idea of fitting it in the back of the Tamiya Chevy. Then I realised I had the wrong truck!

You are right, it was still made by bofors,i cant wait for this kit to come out,although they found it too heavy in the desert sand,as it got bogged far to often for there liking.
Awesome kits coming about these days.
I am sure someone will do the Chevy 30 as Tamiya dont have it their catalogue in 2023.
Looking forward to the mouthwatering builds coming up :grin:

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of the Tamiya’s. A good basic kit, but I do agree a new one would be welcome. Especially with the wealth of information and references that have come to light on the LRDG in recent years.

@phantom_phanatic, i agree as well i am sure gecko or thunder will come up with them shortly,as its currently a missing market for modellers.
Personally mate i think they all make the mistake,they are missing out on 50% of the population in regards to my better half so to speak, as she is fastidious in helping my builds and having not really done it before.
The attention to detail is better than mine,but i would argue that point with anyone. Lol

I’d put money on Thunder following up this release with the Chevy.

Sounds like you’ve got a keeper there. My partner tolerates my hobby, buys me a few for birthday and Christmas but moans when I put completed projects on the shelf! She wouldn’t attempt one herself, she lost patience with a jigsaw.