Tiger does modern French MBT

Just in time for Christmas, no word on whether this will have the armour upgrade package as yet…

2 Likes

What a surprise ! Nice announcement.

2 Likes

Cool! It will be interesting when more details become available.

The photo shows the latest version of the Leclerc which is interesting. I’ll wait for pictures of the sprues to see if TM get it right and fix some of the Tamiya tweaks.

Where did you find the info Kylie? Their website displays the error 404 message and their FB page hasn’t been updated since last October.

Olivier

1 Like

I’ve seen it here yesterday-
http://www.moxingfans.com/new/news/2021/1129/9976.html

1 Like

Ive just finished a Tiger AMX-10RCR and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really like their work - i reckon their Leclerc will be amazing. I held fire on the Tamiya one for some reason and I am happy I did.

This is going to be the business. Cant wait.

Chris, Tamiya did a pretty good job on their Leclerc. It is not perfect and is a bit simplified in terms of details but you can add many of them from styrene. I wrote a tweaks list with a friend of mine some years ago.

Tamiya Leclerc tweaks list

If TM are to release the S XXI version I hope they have had access to the proper documentation as the MBT is different in many areas from the Series 2. I hope TM will represent the antislip coating but from my experience with their other French vehicles I fear this will not be the case.

Olivier

3 Likes

As Dan stated, Moxing is a good site for news.

Out of interest, which features identify this as the current iteration of the Leclerc, please?

Be great to see the others on this chassis… 140mm le terminator anyone?

The most prominent feature is the larger commander thermal viewer. The turret is slightly larger too. The armor block under the main sight is longer. The roadwheels are a new type and the tracks are steel ones with rectangular rubber pads instead of aluminum with odd shaped pads. That’s for the most visible features.

Terminator is just a prototype. I don’t think it will be released (this is not a Russian tank so Trumpeter will not show any interest in it :wink: ).
However the Leclerc is being upgraded in the Scorpion program and a number of external modifications might be of interest for a manufacturer.

Olivier

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Yes, le terminator was a concept but what a concept! And funky geometric camo, too.

1 Like

I know this thread is a bit old, but any new info on the Tiger Model LeClerc. I have 2 of the Tamiya 1/35 version, and I have all the info that Bison126 posted about needed improvements to the kit (STRONGLY recommended, by the wy). I have a hard copy of his info in one of my LeClerc boxes. I already know it’s going to be a cool tank, just based on the plastic in the box! I got several photo etch sets, and the Blast Model resin set for each of my 2 LeClerc kits.

HI Olivier;
I have been trying to see if I still can send you A email !
I used to be A member under grunt136mike !

1 Like

Mike
nice to read you again. To send a PM on Armorama just click my call sign and you should have a box with a message button.

Olivier