Tiger I, Mid Production (Dragon 1/35) - Pz.Abt.503

Hello everyone! Sharing my most recent WIP - Dragon’s Tiger I Mid Production with zimmerit. Very nice kit with a ton of detail, and an excellent selection of decals. I decided to build a vehicle from the Pz.Abt.503, supposedly belonging to Panzer Regiment Bake and deployed to the Cherkassy Pocket, Ukraine in Januaray 1944. Not the easiest of builds but taking the build slowly will yield great results. My only issue is I badly damaged one of the spare track hangers - I glued it upside down and severely damaged it when removing the part. Rather unfortunate but decided to leave it as is. Constructive feedback is always appreciated.

10 Likes

Very well done, nicely restrained weathering.

2 Likes

Beautiful job, I really like the weathering as well. Will you be adding any figures to it? Thank you for sharing it with us, very inspiring. Best regards…Dale

1 Like

Hi James,
Once again, you have pulled off an excellent paint job! and I like the weathering too.
Cheers,

1 Like

Very nicely done. Lovely subtle weathering and a great overall rendition. Well done :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Colin! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Thanks Dale! I don’t have a winter crew ready for this model unfortunately. Maybe I’ll add a tank commander later - I left the commander’s hatch movable

Thank you for your kind words as always, Joe :slight_smile:

Thanks John! I love doing these winter camos, the weathering really adds a stark contrast to the whitewash.

Hi, i am thinking of doing the same whitewash T1 myself, you have done an excellent job, can’t even find the error with the spare track. Cheers from Sydney, AU.

1 Like

Excellent Tiger. Love the painting and weathering. Screams for a diorama setting.

Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Thanks Peter! I really appreciate it :slight_smile: Hope you folks over there are safe from the pandemic!

1 Like

Thanks Charles! I’ve really been meaning to do dioramas at one point - unfortunately I don’t think I have the space for them. I’m thinking of starting small, with an A4 sized one so I can easily store it for later :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great. I’d like to do one of these. I’m confused about what track options are in the box? What tracks did you use for your build?

1 Like

Thanks Phil. I used the DS Tracks that came with the kit - they’re not half bad to be fair.