Tora Bora, 2001 | Armorama™

Aleksandr Snegirev shares his amazing 1/35 scale vignette depicting US Special Forces during the battle of Tora Bora, in Afghanistan 2001.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/tora-bora-2001
3 Likes

Aleksandr definitely has an enviable talent for painting figures and such. This is a very impressive vignette but honestly I just can not for the life of me figure out how to feather or blend my paints with the same subtle transition. The projectile rounds are a prime example, are these airbrushed or dry brushed? Man I am absolutely confounded by whatever technique is being used to get these results! Arrrghh, is it simply a matter of using oils? :confused:

Cajun :crocodile:

Incredible job. I too wish I could blend like that when it comes to my figures but haven’t figured out a good way yet. Amazing

Terry, I know many figure modelers who do that same thing with acrylics. I gotta practice more lol!

1 Like

The vivid colors are just fantastic, as are the shading and highlighting.

It’s amazing how just two 1/35 figures in the proper setting can convey an awesome scene. Amazing job! :grinning: