TORA TORA TORA! | AeroScale

Eduard are to release a new tool A6M2 Zero Type 21 in December.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://aeroscale.net/news/tora-tora-tora
1 Like

Well Hallelujah ! Eduard doing Japanese- count me in . Now we REALLY need a new tool accurate Hayabusa …

2 Likes

Hi Richard

Ditto that on all points! What’s particularly exciting to me about Eduard tackling the “Zero” is that you can pretty much count on them releasing a wide range of variants, so we should be in for a real A6M bonanza! :beer:

All the best

Rowan :beer:

1 Like

Yeah! That really sounds great! With 12 decal options it should be a DualCombo. But what should I do now with all my Hasegawa Zeros in the stash … :thinking: Haven’t built anything japanese for a long time.

I wonder how the Eduard Zero will match against the new Tamiya Zero …

Apparently there is a A6M2-N Rufe in the works as well.
Andy :slight_smile:

This one’s certainly a bit of a surprise, especially with the high quality and accuracy of the Hasegawa and Tamiya kits. Or maybe they’re not accurate? I’m personally looking forward to Eduard-quality F4Fs, F4Us, Hurricanes, Griffon-engined Spitfires, early Mustangs, and P-47s.

But do agree with RDT1953 on the need for a quality Hayabusa!

Actually, after noticing the U.S. cocarde on the box I went hunting and found on The Modeling News site a render of… an F4F-3!!! Now I AM excited!!! :smiley:

They have posted a CAD of the trainer variant as well, so I expect them to go over all iterations of the Zero.

On a side note: some people asked/criticised the Pearl Harbor Zero CAD images, that the wing MGs shouldn’t poke out from the leading edge. On their fb page Eduard answered that this is an alternative, later wing configuration - so hopefully they know the different details of the particular versions, just mixed the published drawings.

1 Like

This is super news! Only problem is I need to build another room in the House for my stash! They Will release quicker than i Can build them! :slightly_smiling_face: