Trumpeter 1/35 Ukrainian T-84 BM OPLOT

Hi all, with the current conflict in Ukraine I have become intrested in some of the modern tanks in the conflict. I have ordered Trumpeter’s Ukrainian T-84 BM OPLOT, kit #09512 and am drawn to the digital camouflage scheme on it. I was wondering if anyone has built this kit in this scheme, and what size squares in either 1:1 or 1:35 would be used for this digi-cam. Or if anyone has the kit does it say on the instructions?

THIS IS A NON POLITICAL THREAD AND NO POLITICAL COMMENTS MUST BE MADE. THIS IS PURELY ABOUT THE T-84 BM OPLOT IF YOU HAVE A POLITCAL OPINION, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF PLEASE.

images.jpeg-39

3 Likes

The tanks designation is OPLOT, which means fortress in Ukrainian language.

1 Like

Thanks @HermannB, all corrected. There are a few good videos on YouTube about these tanks. They look very space like with their sleek sides.

Best I could see in the instructions it doesn’t appear to have the square size listed but didn’t study super hard.

Looking at the photo they appear to be about the size of the light on top of the turret.

Measure the length of some, as long as possible, part or line on the kit and the photo.
Measure the size of one square on or near that part or line. Divide length of measured part/line with the measure of the square to get a quota. Divide the length of the kit part/line with that quota to get the size of the square for the model.

I would use the angle behind the sideskirt and the plate/armour above it.

1 Like

That’s a great idea, thanks Robin. When the kit comes it will be one of the 1st things I do. I know there’s some good digi cam P.E stencils grids out there, so am just planning if one of the stencils is the right size I will get one.

Have you considered Tamiya tape for marking? Thats what I did with my T-64BV and I came to good results.

3 Likes

Tamiya makes grid tape-

1 Like

not exactly the same kit I guess, but this may help TRACK-LINK / Forums / Track-Link Build Logs / Ukrainian T-84 MBT

1 Like

Thanks for posting that Tamiya Masking Sheet Ken. I had no idea that the stuff existed.

1 Like

Sure thing Bill

1 Like

I never knew they made it. I will have to have a look for local supplies of it. Thank you. I have never done anything with digi cam so its all new for me.

EDIT: Just ordered from BNA!

1 Like