Trumpeter E-100 plus extras build Finished

Hey happy birthday it’s my 65th today (18th) clearly '56 was a very good year. Great job all round especially the camo :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

@Catsrcool @Dioramartin Hey Happy Birthday to both you guys! I understand, I have 3 young Grandchildren and I love being a Papa. My model studio has a lock on the door, though! Get everything above rugrat range before Monday!

2 Likes

LOL I will be not only putting it out of reach but out of sight.

1 Like

Thank you and many Happy Returns.

1 Like

Thank you. I have 4 grandchildren. Three are adults the one that’s coming on Monday is 8 going on 16 LOL.

1 Like

That is some awesome weathering on the big beast- its coming to life scratch by scratch! It is such a big kit with so many surfaces to weather but I think you have nailed it.

I also had a problem with the Meng resin stowage on my Mk.4M The base for the turret basket was warped so I heated it with a cup of just boiled water but it didn’t budge much for me. This technique usually works well so I was quite annoyed- ended up snapping it in half later on when I was seeing if it would flex at all- totally my fault of course but just be careful with it- the part looks strong but as usual, strong looking resin can snap with pressure in just the right place! I ended up using the plastic turret basket and the resin sides which needed a bit of surgery but worked well enough.

2 Likes

Last pictures of it finished.

And finally with the skirts on.

4 Likes

@Johnnych01 @Karl187 FYI I contacted Meng customer services about the warped Merkava resin.
I am glad to report they are sending a replacement FOC. Excellent service.

1 Like

That is looking great Colin. You have finished that to an immaculate level. I really like the running gear as a whole, a great heavily used look with just no time for the crew to worry about maint or cleaning them off.
And although there is lot and extensive wear and tear/chipping etc, I think it gives the E100 a perfect look and it is just the right amount. Very nicely done :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you John. Now to try and finish the Panther Ausf. F!

1 Like

much better than mine but since it’s a speculative design, I don’t mind my jpz E100 problem (even the name is speculative, I see it as another variant of the stug E100 with a different architectural arrangement)

1 Like