Trumpeter M142 HIMARS

Has anyone developed a list of changes needed for an in service M142 from the Trumpeter kit?

1 Like

Not yet, but it’s a good idea. Maybe when Hermann has finished his M142. He is waiting for some measurements from mine. Unfortunately I’m currently on my trip to Washington.

Andreas

1 Like

From the top of my head:

• Modify the cab.
  • Build new the stowage boxes on the frame sides.
  • Modify the stowage box behind the cab.
  • Plus ca. 1000 minor details :laughing:
1 Like

I hope you make a list of the 1000 details!

I have a better idea. I send you my 420 pics and you find out for yourself.

3 Likes

Did you ever finish this one? It was coming along nicely.

It’s not finished yet. There are still a few little things missing. If I find enough time, I will devote myself to the electronic rear rack and the harris antenna. Weathering still needs to be done.

I have to finish 4 other construction sites first.

2 Likes

It is looking really good.

Thank you Gino!

How satisfied are you with the legend bumper, I had trouble installing the lights? I did better with the M1083.

I had no real issues with it. I have only dryfit the clear lenses for the headlights. I did open up the headlight holes a bit so there was more room around them.

Very nice.

Good montage. For soiling I would recommend a quick technique that gives very good results.

First use a wash for NATO vehicles ref AMIG 1008. In this way you will highlight the details of the surfaces. When it has dried, prepare a mixture of Light Powder and Earth Effect diluted with its diluent ref AMIG 1403 and 1401. You apply it to the vehicle and when it dries it will leave a very real powdery effect

Thank you. I know these products and techniques.