Trumpeter Mk VII

Masked up the LAV-AD for the anti slip.

And the trusty Rust-oleum… Desert bisque.

And after a very quick over spray

4 Likes

Oh so nice John!

That’s very effective. John
Re the photo etch I am scratch building using what’s at hand brass, plastic old sptue etc.

1 Like

Looks good John. What do you think of the texture of that stuff in terms of scale?

1 Like

I like the "what’s at hand " approach… Makes it more interesting knowing you had to repurpose or whittle away at stuff to get the look you want

Honestly Don I think it’s spot on and can’t fault it. I have seen, touched scraped my knuckles on UK, US and German anti slip over the years and this stuff is as close to it as I think you can get.
Once you have a layer of paint over it, that reduces it to what I think is the perfect scale size. Others may disagree but it’s what I will use day in, day out.

1 Like

Bit more glueing and cutting plastic …

And engine grills :grin:

Guns … Mmmmmmmmmmm lol

Enjoy :blush:

4 Likes

I have a few more bits done assembly wise.
I did do a very basic detail of the high areas on the control dash in the turret but forgot to do any images … don’t be sad … it wasn’t that exciting or good lol…

Turret is now assembled less the windows which are masked ready to go in, the MBSGD which I just remembered and the antennas…

Just a little peak in the side windows so you can see a bit of the control dash etc.

And showing the completed GAU 12 and rocket pod and the Stinger box.

Happy glueing :grin:

Edit… Are the nose cones on the rockets vehicle green or a different colour ?

5 Likes

Arrived in Texas a few days ago after driving across the continent for a new job. Got settled and don’t start work till Monday. I don’t have access to my airbrush for a little while so I’m gonna start stacking up some builds for the paint booth. Going to be building trumpeters KV-1 ehkranami with an eduard PE set.

Looking forward to this build. Got this kit last Christmas from my father in law and intended to build it last year

5 Likes

Perfect scheme for a rattle can.

1 Like

Probably won’t be able to rattle can either, I’m renting an apartment till I find a house, and don’t have a ton of room to paint/use smelly chemicals unfortunately

Thankfully I have a few campaign builds stacked up that won’t need much pre painting

2 Likes

I have sprayed outside on the balcony spraying away from the building or a common area. Set in a box to degas on top of a book stand, fridge or whatever is out of the way.

1 Like

Glad you arrived safely in the lone Star state… And the perfect kit to while away a few hours to get back into the swing of it. Great to see you on the group build :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! Happy to be out of the car!

I think it’s a good kit to start on, seems like a really straight forward build. Was happy to see this group build.

Driving across country, it felt like I spent a day in Texas and we where near the pan handle.

It took me 4 days to drive from my home to Texas, it took me about 2 of those to drive across Texas. It’s definitely a massive state

2 Likes

Massive? Nah, its just a stroll to cross…

Western Australia is 3.83 times bigger than Texas.
My home State Queensland is 2.49 times as big as your Lone Star state.

:rofl: :rofl:

Joking aside, its good to see you got over safe and sound and are settling in your new temporary digs.

2 Likes

Welcome to the US of A Mead!

3 Likes

Thank you! Glad to be here! Time to start splurging on that 8$ shipping!

3 Likes

15% of Border kits this weekend. :smiling_imp:

1 Like