Trumpeter Mk VII

There is a long time product in the model railroad market that you might consider. It is so strong that as a general rule they warn you to dilute it before use. The product is called Walthers “Solvaset”. It is my go to for older thicker decals.

Tim

2 Likes

Thanks, Tim. I will look out for it. I still want to use the other marking options in the kit for other MIGs in my stash.

Looking good Jesper, almost there now mate ?

Probably a week more - but I think the extension was made, right? So no hurry, but soon. Will make it for the deadline for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it’s been extended till the 24th Jesper :+1:

1 Like

Oh i see we got a bit more time :+1:
Some great builds being done.
This is as far as I’ve got so shall try to finish by the 24th .

9 Likes

About time !!! Get the tracks on and call it done :+1::grin: … It looks stunning and has to be finished John :+1:

I’m not a big fan of “Panzer '46 vehicles”, but this camouflage looks great! :+1:

Wow! Stunning camouflage, John. Looks really nice!

I am calling my 1/48 MIG-23 done. It is finished as an Ethiopian mig-23 used in the conflict with Eritrea. The bomb load is quite typical for that conflict.

A Great kit although I really struggle to get the decals to set and avoid silvering. In the end worked out well.

Thanks for a great campaign with great entries - and thanks for the extension. :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Very well done Jesper. Very nice cam finished that looks well balanced with some nice weathering. Decals look good and nice to see a different country represented as well …great job and well done once again :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, Johnny. I am also quite satisficed. Indeed my first Ethiopian air force model. At some point I want to do an Eritrean SU-27UB as well when I get around to it.

1 Like

Well im calling it done.
Those rubber tracks i now know why they are called rubber bands!

The fitter has finished plumbing in the gaz and has had enough.

8 Likes

Really great build there John. I love this Super Heavy, and I am looking for another one as I write this. So much scope for little add on parts and artistic measure.

The paint scheme is outstanding and must of taken it out of you, its also very unique idea with the splinter and digi type on the same wagon. I really like that… a lot of time and effort went into that as with the gaz supply and all its pipework … very well done all over and a great finish :+1:

1 Like

Thanks
Yes it tested me frustraded me pushed my modelling skills.
Thanks for running the campaign i have throughly enjoyed participating and watching the other builds .
John

I’m loving that camo scheme, jungle grass meets digi cam

1 Like

Looking great!

Curious. When the did the date get extended too? I just need to add final dust and dirt weathering to my KV-1. Should be able to have it done by Friday

1 Like

End date is tomorrow, the 24th. I have already put you down as build complete. Once Tracks are on and its painted I am content that the kit is built and presented. Whack an image of it now mate with tracks on, painted and the decals in place and its job done. Weathering images can be shown after ok

3 Likes

Okay sounds great!! Thanks! I’ll post up a pic tonight!

Just need dust but I’ve been putting it off as I practice my technique

1 Like

Ok Troops that’s it … Times up (Mead - You are clear :+1:)

I will do a finalised list of all finished builds tomorrow if I get a quiet slot at work and then get that sent off to Staff Jim.

Thank you for everyone’s great builds with some really nice variety from across land sea and air. Great effort went in to all of them and they are all excellent … Was a fun group build to do and hopefully we can get another sorted out a bit later in the year for any unfinished and new builds.

John

2 Likes