U.k M109 modelling

Nice Frank - I really must get around to doing the longer barrelled versions.

The long barrel ones are AFV club adapted, realised I missed the bolts of the side on the A2 version :pensive: 6 years to late.

A2s only had 1 set of bolts on the side of the hull. A3s had the same bolt pattern as the A1s as they are re-builds. A2s are new built guns, A3s are re-built A1s to A2 standards.

The registration numbers give it away of what mks they were, and yes they went to A3s from 109 through to A3s, re builds kept the same registration.
the HBs were new direct A3s.

Very nice M109’s Frank.

Many years ago (early 80’s) I bought the first Italeri M109:

Imgur

I actually wanted a long barrel version, but at that time (until around a year later I think) the long barrel option wasn’t available, so being impatient I started to convert it, and scratch built a new barrel using parts from the short barrel:

Imgur

Imgur

It has sat like that for close to 40 years! Shame on me. I subsequently decided I wanted the short barrel version as well as a long barrel, so I dug this one from my stash, which must have been purchased many years ago, but after the original release. It has both barrels, so bingo!

Imgur

And if my first attempt at a long barrel doesn’t look as good as the one in the second kit, some swapping will occur!

I also picked up a set of unmarked resin bits at the Yeovil show last autumn. After a quick consultation with Brian @BootsDMS at the show, we both concluded these were indeed parts for the good old M109!

Imgur

So there are clearly at least two M109’s in my future somewhere, but I need to get my finger out!

3 Likes

Still have a the German Elite conversion, somewhere in my stash.

1 Like

I like the M109; the folks sharing my kaserne in the mid 80’s had them. But I’m always amused by the M108 with that wienie little gun in that massive SPG chassis.

2 Likes

Taken a while to find

2 Likes