UP25831 Shoving Platform conversion from a Bay Window Caboose | RailRoad Modeling

This shoving platform model is a conversion build made from an O Scale, M.T.H. Electric Trains, Bay Window Caboose.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://railroadmodeling.net/news/up25831-shoving-platform-conversion-from-a-bay-window-caboose
2 Likes

KoSprueOne,

Incredible! You are a fantastic modeler. Thank you for showing the steps to create your conversion. Your reproduction of the graffiti is spectacular! If you had not shown us how you did it, I would have assumed you did it with custom printed decals.

When you primed the model, did any of the printed lettering show through? I can never quite get t to go away- not the color, the slight raised printing.

Masterful work. I wish I was good enough for people to want me to ship my models for an op session.

(I have those same Revell rockets. I think it is an old Nitto kit Revell acquired.)

1 Like

Thank you. Very kind words.

β€œWhen you primed the model, did any of the printed lettering show through? I can never quite get t to go away- not the color, the slight raised printing.”
Yes, they did. I lightly sanded then re-primed until it was good enough. I figured the weathering and graffiti would hide it and I think it did.

Cole Only produces a great show almost every year. Music, art on the walls, and of course model trains. The trains would run on a basic powered track loop. As mentioned, that is the reason for stock wheels, trucks, and couplers. And to be eligible for entry into the contest, it had to run.

β€œ(I have those same Revell rockets. I think it is an old Nitto kit Revell acquired.)”
ok, good kit history info.