US Army Scrapping the Stryker MGS

Army Scrapping the MGS! :frowning:

Better buy up those kits before evilBay marks them as “rare” and the price goes through the roof!

2 Likes

I don´t think that AFV Club will discontinue there kit. Maybe there will even be an upgrade to the A/C equipped version. I learned form me visits at 2CR that the commanders don´t know how to use the MGS, curently, it´s used in 4/2 CR the recon/MI/AT squadron. Nevertheless, MGS is part of Stryker lineage and needs to be build.

It’s too bad since it’s such a cool looking vehicle, but if they can’t get it to work and other vehicles do what the Stryker units need done then best it go away. I’d love to see AFV Club put out a ‘last’ version with the big AC units and all the mods made before it goes away.

I’m hoping someone will come out with a kit of the new air defense variant! :grin:

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

Indeed, that’s a nice looking vehicle. Very offensive looking (in a good way, unless you’re an enemy pilot or drone operator).

The M-SHORAD (Maneuver-SHOrt Range Air Defense) does look good.

And it packs quite a punch in a small package.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s a thing of beauty there! :heart_eyes:

How come they haven’t put a howitzer on one of those, Gino?! Can’t you call somebody?? :grin:

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

Makes sense as the Stryker MGS lost to the then-105mm M8 AGS that is now competing for the Mobile Protected Firepower light tank. It would probably be better to have a several MPF light tanks replace the Stryker MGS.

The IM-SHORAD can indeed be made into a modified fire-support vehicle as I believe the pods are interchangeable and the Stinger pod can be swapped with a Javelin ATGM or APKWS rocket pod and still keep the radars for future IM-SHORAD roles.

I’d be thrilled if a 1/35 IM-SHORAD kit is released and a 1/35 GM Infantry Support Vehicle complete with crew and riding soldiers.

That doesn’t make it a fire-support vehicle, but an anti-tank vehicle. Towed 105mm howitzers are fully capable of supporting the Stryker BDEs with indirect fires. There is no need to have an SP howitzer to support them.

Better buy up those kits before evilBay marks them as “rare” and the price goes through the roof!

As long as places like this exist, we’ll be fine.

You never know what you’ll find. Note huge HMMWV and Abrams in window.

And if if you find this place in Sparta, Wisconsin, you might find me singing a little Johnny Cash at the local Karaoke dive.

1 Like

Can you pick me up some Spotted Cow?

I bought two pitchers for my crew last night. We work hard - we play even harder.

You come to MN and I’ll buy you a real good Schells beer from New Ulm.

I can get as far as Eau Claire at night. Any farther cuts into my drinking time.
O’Leary’s Pub. Good live music on Saturday night.

1 Like

That doesn’t make it a fire-support vehicle, but an anti-tank vehicle. Towed 105mm howitzers are fully capable of supporting the Stryker BDEs with indirect fires. There is no need to have an SP howitzer to support them.

True, the Leonardo RiWP isn’t a fire support vehicle but it can double/act as one with the triple to quadruple combo of weapons.

The US Army is investigating the 120mm Patria NEMO autoloading mortar turret too and that can act as a fire support vehicle if adopted.

2 Likes

There are pictures of a 105mm Stryker SPH that was prototyped and tested but not purchased by the US Army on the internet. It’s a cool looking vehicle; I’d love to see somebody model the thing (my own rudimentary skills aren’t anywhere near what’s needed).

I think that the FCS NLOS 155mm M777 SPH would have been a better howitzer than the Stryker 105mm SPH.

Dan, show everyone the NLOS you found last month.

Why should AFV Club stop selling the MGS kit? It would be the same if all WWII manufacturers stop making Tiger I because it´s out of service for 80 years. :wink: