US Paras. D-Days/1944

Are these SOGA miniatures?

https://soga.com.ru/shop/index.php?categoryID=653

Yes. itā€™s new figures SOGA miniatures

Excellent work! butā€¦ the yellow triangle with black scull and crossbones on one of the helmets is a German land mine warning marker, not an American brassard.

1 Like

Thank you.
There is such a badge on the helmet in Michel DE TREZā€™s book ā€œAmerican Paratroopers Helmetā€. Page 78.

2 Likes

Okay! The photo caption explains it all. Those paratroopers had an odd sense of humor!

1 Like

Hi Dmitri, these are awesome! Is this figure checking his stick member going to have his feet planted flat on the ground as this pose is almost ergonomically impossible to stay in unless one falls forward?

Did you do your course at Lee or at Benning? I remember while going through 76Y school, Red Caps were all around, down the main drag from where our barracks were, you could see the Riggerā€™s School building almost at the end of the street.

All i could say about riggers is ('tention to detail - 'tention to detail).

I did mine at Camp Williams, Utah, and famously had strippers show up on the DZ for one of our jumps. Good times!
Also, Samantha Madsen was my personal assistant, and inspiration for passing a course with a 50% failure rate. Look her up - youā€™ll see why i was inspired. She was the chief medical officer for 1/19 Special Forces.

1 Like

Remind me not to let you pack my chuteā€¦ ever. :rofl:

Oh, Iā€™m not a rigger, although I did learn to pack my MC-4. Iā€™m talking about the Special Operations Static Line Jumpmaster Course, which differs from the regular Army Jumpmaster Course.
I think you thought I was a rigger.

I did think you were. I stand corrected. :wink:

Excellent figure work!

1 Like