US Soldiers terrorized in brazen attack on armored vehicle

Hand to Claw Combat!

1 Like

And this one just never gets old! :rofl:

2 Likes

Raccoons DO NOT mess-around! :laughing:

New York Times: “Army purchases 100,000 Have-A-Heart traps for $15,000 each”

3 Likes

That’s a little fast, you need a year long inquiry and charges first before T&E’s are updated for vehicles to have carrier one each added. Also a ribbon program for each successfully catch and release.

1 Like

Ryan my attempt at humor is that the Army pays $15,000 for a trap that goes for $23.65 at Lowe’s.

1 Like

I get that and laughed, I tried to add more humor or sad commentary. The lines get blurry these days. :roll_eyes:

I recall a long time ago when I was a young E4 medic in AK covering a station on the biathalon course of the 1982 iteration of the 172nd Infantry Bde.'s Recon Platoon competition, the “station” consisted of an RTO with a PRC-77 and me with an aid bag; he had his m16, I had a .38 (I was in an Air Cav troop, we didn’t have the 1911’s), but no ammo for either. We had a moose calf that decided that the two humans standing by the trail might be fun to play with, discretion being the better part of valor we both figured Mrs. Bullwinkle wouldn’t agree with her little one’s choice of playmates so we relocated expeditiously. They had to put the course on hold until the moose cleared the area. No sightings of Rocket J. Squirrel or Boris and Natasha although I think the whole thing was their doing.

3 Likes

back in the late 50’s or early 60’s on the west side of Indianapolis, a woman was watching her black & white TV when a Copperhead crawled between the CRT tube and the glass in front of the framework. I remember this well as they had a picture in the newspaper. Things do happen!

gary

1 Like

Being on local security, in front of our tanks in a woodline at Hohenfels. At night I was scanning around with my flashlight, and picked up a pair of red glowing eyes in the dark.I knew what that was!

Now that would be a fun diorama to put together! Right up my alley, Does anyone produce a racoon in 1/35?

the first time I pulled guard at Ft. Campbell, it rained on us most of the night. At light rain, but good enough to soak you really good. The guards were right out of Basic Training units, and actually carried loaded M14 rifles. I got put on guard at an empty wharehouse in the middle of nowhere. A kid in my squad named Thornton got put out in the middle of no-place to guard an ammo dump. The O.D. and SOG told him not to worry as the only thing he had to worry about was rats and racoons. Well his four hour shift goes by and the come out in a truck to relieve him, but he’s nowhere to be found! The O.D. and SOG are in somewhat of a panic as he is their responsesability! They just can’t find him, and call for re-enforcements to find him. We find him up a tree a couple hundred yards away. He ran into a bear! (note: they claimed there was no bears at Campbell) They get him down on the ground and are chewing him out when a small black bear comes walking by! Thornton caught a lot of ribbing till he went to Infantry AIT over that one.
gary

1 Like