USMC in Iraq

These are two figures from Mantis Miniatures… USMC in Iraq.

The figures are OOB, with weapons from Live Resin:

I plan on building a small vignette featuring MAARS robot.

Mario

22 Likes

Sweet. They could also be used for the current Syrian deployment. Just build a rat infested
FOB for them
Seriously nice figures

2 Likes

Top class work there Mario! I think your depiction of the desert MARPAT is spot on- it cannot have been an easy pattern to tackle- nice to see it done so well. The gear and weaponry stand out well too- the finish on the weapons being impressively realistic.

1 Like

Superb, as usual. What do you reckon are in those pouches?

8 Likes

Wow, great job, Mario! I can’t see any sprue nub remnants on your MAARS robot.

What paint did you use…Humbrols? And how did you get the black bordering so fine and precise on the uniforms?

2 Likes

Very nice !

I have those figures in the stash too.

1 Like

Mario, incredible painting skills.

1 Like

Mmmmmmmmm MRE’s

1 Like

Very precise work there, mate. What colours did you use for the MARPAT?
G.

1 Like

Outstanding job on those figures Mario! Great job on that camo pattern!

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. :blush:

Yes, the paints are Humbrols… I’m an old dinosaur still doing brushwork with enamels.

Mario

3 Likes

A talented painting work. I like a lot how the camouflage is made, and the faces of the soldiers with a light effect on skin and glasses.

1 Like

Don’t be daft, they’d have eaten those within 5 minutes …

And stunning figures Mario… uniforms are done superbly :+1:

3 Likes

Whenever you’re around grunts always carry a 64 pack of Crayola so everyone has some or there’ll be Chaos for sure

3 Likes

Looks very good. What kind of paint did you use to paint the waistcoat and backpack in Coyote Brown? Second issue- what kind of matt varnish is it? As I look at your work, I always like the strong, deep matte shade of the vehicle and figures.

1 Like

Thanks!

Coyote Brown was a mix of Humbrol 72 and 119. As for the matt varnish, I started using MRP varnishes and I love them.

Mario

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Humbrol for brush painting also. It just seems so much more controllable for detail and intricate jobs.

2 Likes

Another option for coyote brown with acrylic paint:

3 Likes