Vargas 1/35 Bob Semple

Hey guys!
I just wanted to share my build of the new Vargas 3D printed 1/35 Bob Semple tank.

Its a frigging amazing kit and was an absolute joy to build! The detail was awesome and it flew together in like 2 hours.

Then painted. I went with a Green and black scheme as it looks like that in this pic.

Then with a pin wash. This is when the model really came to life in my opinion.

Then honestly the part I enjoyed the most out of all my years of modeling… adding the mud. Its a mix of Light Sienna pigment and Ammo Oilbrusher damp earth. (It isnt fully dry in the pics)

The suspension might be my favorite part.

And finally, I attached the tracks to the hull and added some minor chipping.

Its sooo close to being done!

Just note I did this all in like three days… :joy:

What do yall think?

16 Likes

Three days is incredible for such great paint and weathering! Really fantastic piece to look at- from one angle it looks like half a tank, from another it looks vaguely modern- it’s all sorts in one!

1 Like

Slowing down in your old age. :rofl:

3 Likes

Amazing! And you had tons of fun. Best way to spend spare time! Great! :hugs:

Regards

• dutik
1 Like

The “tank” is just so fugly. Outstanding model though Ezra!

2 Likes

Good job Ezra, … :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome job Ezra on a most unusual vehicle. It’s design looks cartoonish actually.

2 Likes

Three days? Definitely got to pick up the pace… :wink:

Very nicely done!

1 Like

…aaaaand ordered. This thing looks awesome. Whilst I don’t agree entirely with some some of the interpretations Vargas has made from photos, most of that would be pretty much invisible (mostly related to the suspension). I would also have probably gone with one of the later two versions, that’s just personal choice. Still, means I can work on something different.

2 Likes

Awesome work Ezra. Looks stunning.

1 Like

That is very well done.

It still reminds me of something from Dr. Who or a Roger Corman movie.

1 Like

Nice job Ezra! My Vargas Semple kit arrived last week. I’ve got to finish a couple of projects to get it onto the bench.

1 Like

Excellent job, in just three days. Amazing.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

@Mousemuffins and @taylorrl will yall be doing buid logs for it? I would love to see them!

So after a bit of a break to work on a few StuG iii’s (Mmmm StuGs…) I finally finished the Bob Semple. :grin:

I love the final result and it might be the lightest weathering I’ve added to a tank model so far.

I have learned from some of the greats like @SSGToms and @Canmedic that a model looks better with a small base so keep a eye out for that!

What yall think?

13 Likes

I think it’s one of your best models yet. :+1:

2 Likes

Ezra, that’s some good-looking mud. I finished the assembly on mine last evening and primed it. Ready for the paint booth.

1 Like

Thanks guys.

The base is finished and the models now going into the cabinet.

It was made by covering a 2x4 in plaster and then covered in texture.

It’s definitely coming with me to Armorcon in October.

Whatcha think?

11 Likes

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Outstanding model Ezra! You’re definitely coming home with a medal for this one!

1 Like

Here’s mine at 1/72nd.

8 Likes