Verlinden 120mm B-17 Crewman

A little something I’ve been working on to try and alleviate the “Burn-out” I’ve been feeling lately. No camo on this chap. Now this is one of my eBay finds. Only cost me £5 for this one and the 120mm fighter pilot. Admittedly, they were both part-built and this one was partly painted as well so, lots of work to do. So, for the grand sum of £2.50, here we go…

Who says this hobby is expensive……
G.

10 Likes

He looks great.

1 Like

Looks excellent Lazarus. Great job with the leather flying suit . Not easy to paint from what I hear.

1 Like

Looks fantastic Lazarus- a bargain at the price! I really like the look of the leather flight suit- lovely deep brown color with pitch perfect highlights and shadow. Ditto on the sheepskin collars! The burst of yellow on the life vest really helps draw the eye toward the detail there on the harness and the respirator and I particularly like the way you’ve finished the olive colored items with that sharp edge detail to accentuate the shapes.

1 Like

Looks marvelous…really gives the Verlinden box art photos a serious (if not THE) replacement contender!

1 Like

Well done Gary! A work of art indeed… and I hope all the compliments you are receiving are pushing the burn-out away. You really have some Force in you, mate!

Mario

1 Like

Thanks lads. I really enjoyed doing this one. Something nice and simple, just to blow away the cobwebs, so to speak. If I remember correctly, Mario, you were the one who turned me to the dark side :grin:.
G.

I recon I better get used to looking at the latest posts, almost missed this beauty, Laz!

Awesome work, Buddy!

1 Like

Thanks mate. If you like this one, you’ll love the next! :wink:
G.