Vespid: 1/35 Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger and 1/72 KF51 Panther | Armorama™

Vespid announces a 1/35 British Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger and a 1/72 German KF51 Panther

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/vespid-1-35-cruiser-mk-viii-challenger-and-1-72-kf51-panther
4 Likes

Great to see the A30 being done by Vespid. If the quality of the 1/35th is as good as their 1/72nd, it should be a great kit. The SKP one is rather poor and very expensive these days as people cash in on its rarity, and Accurate Armour’s is a chore.

3 Likes

Vespid’s 1/72 kits are exquisitely detailed and fit and engineering are superb. I can’t wait to see them give that treatment to another 1/35 subject. And an A30 Challenger is a most welcome addition! I have the SKP kit but don’t want to build it. I’ll certainly be waiting to get this Vespid kit as soon as it comes out. It should be a stunner.

Very glad to see Vespid is doing it in 1/35 and should do it in 1/72 too. I have built the Accurate Armor kit twice and agree it was a chore. Hated the white metal parts especially the wheels. At one time I had the SKP kit, but ditched it as it probably would have been worse than the Accurate Armor kit.

1 Like

I bought the SKP kit of the Challenger a couple months ago. I suppose that summoned the modelling gods to create this. Perhaps I shall get this kit too to compare, or should I buy more old kits in order to conjure up new toolings?

2 Likes

A good Challenger kit is along time coming.

Yes please! :rofl: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Seems I may have missed my last chance to cash in on the SKP kit.
Bugger …
:angry:

However, the Golden Rule prevents me from doing this evil deed unto another modeler

:grin:

2 Likes

Oh, I am so glad I’ve finished mine.

5 Likes

…and Artyom has kindly shown why this new release is being looked forward to by so many. Underneath all that scratch built and kit bashed heaven, is a few pieces of SKP hell…

2 Likes