Vickers Medium Mk II Command version - help needed

Hello fellow modellers!

I’ve designed the Vickers Medium Mk II in CAD for 3D printing based of Bradford’s scale plans. It has turned out ok. I now want to tweak it to make the command version (sans turret and with a large box structure in its place). I’ve found only one photo online, of apparently the only one command version ever made, which on the one hand gives a lot of artistic licence, but on the other leads to nagging doubts about accuracy. Does anyone have any other photos? Would be very grateful.

Here’s the photo I refer to. I am not the owner of this photo and post here for discussion purposes.

Unknown

Cheers

Matthew

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it will help at all but someone else made one in 1:35:

Vickers Medium Command tank, CZ Kolinec CZK35016 (scalemates.com)

And there’s a couple of images - including the one you posted on the Panzerserra site|:

Panzerserra Bunker- Military Scale Models in 1/35 scale: Vickers Medium Mark II** (stars) tank - case report

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply and link to panzerserra bunker. Great to see one more photo of the command version from the front aspect.
I see the CZ Kolinec model includes a lot of artistic licence. It includes not one but three Vickers MGs in the box structure. This is a stretch. The command version only had one ball mount (I believe for the Hotchkiss MG mle 1914 - not the Vickers MG) at the front of the box structure.
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers
Matthew

2 Likes

Matthew, please see below one final (as far as I know) pic of the vehicle; it is taken from Kenneth Macksey’s “Tank v Tank” book published in 1988. I knew I’d seen another image somewhere but couldn’t quite remember where, however, after a bit of digging:

Not much use from a modelling perspective I’m sure but it sort of completes the picture (no pun intended!)

For the record, the book:

2 Likes

What a blast from the past! I had this very book from the military bookclub back in my teens. Not sure where it is now, or if I even still have it, so thanks very much for the last picture to complete the trio!
Cheers
Matthew

2 Likes

Hello,
I’ve finished the CAD. Here are a few photos…

The STL files can be downloaded here: Free STL file 1:35 scale Vickers Medium II Box Tank 📦 ・3D print model to download・Cults

I’m happy to receive comments and make any necessary tweaks to the model

Cheers

Matthew

2 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the file!

1 Like