Vietnam Category or Subcategory?

We have censor? Oh crap, now I have to try that out!!
Ken

2 Likes

On the old site the word arsenal triggered the naughty word filter, extremely irritating.
Picatinny Arsenal became Picatinny ā€œautocensoredā€

What if someone wanted to analyze someoneā€™s work on a model?
Ken

1 Like

It would look real strange: In this post I will ā€œauto-censoredā€ this model.

Just realised that the < and the reversed angle when used as a pair will cause the characters in between to be treated as a control code by the Discourse software. Read ā€˜angle bracketā€™ instead of " above

first off ; I owe all of you an apology for the word. My proof reading sucks unless I have had two big cups of black coffee. I promise to try a little harder to make sure my posts are G rated! Now if you were to set at a table with me and the guys at the Legion or VFW; your ears would be inflamed!

In that post I was trying to imply that you could also use stateside clothing in Vietnam, as it was not uncommon to see. How it got that far out of wack can be blamed on a lack of seriously black coffee
gary

2 Likes

Taggingā€¦ useful.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been watching this topic with considerable intrest because I strongly beleive that Nam models should have their own specific category tag . . . well that was my opinion until some well founded ā€œCold Warā€ arguments were offered. Honestly I never even considered the SEA conflict to be an anti-communist cold war action, that premise, to me, was a lie. I find myself now in favor of the current cold war ERA slotting of models from post WWII to 1980ā€™s period. The KISS theory makes the most sense otherwise WWII would have to be subdivided into Africa, Burma, China, France, Italy and so on . . just the opinion of a dedicated Nam nut. More Nam for me please :grin:

Cajun :crocodile:

Gary @Gary_Totty1 no apologies needed on my part, I am notoriously profane and I would love to have a few cups of coffee with ya just talkin 'bout the Nam.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

The purpose of grouping, I believe, is to put posts into manageable chunks based on the popular modeling subjects. It has nothing to do with assigning various conflicts or events ā€œappropriateā€ recognition or anything like that. If a particular subject generates a large number of posts it can get a group, but purely as a housekeeping measure.

How many Vietnam posts are there? What is the average frequency per day? What percentage of the boardā€™s posts are they? Thatā€™s the information needed to start the discussion, not a history article.

KL

1 Like