Vietnam/Hue Tet 68 dio WIP

Project #286 or so. Throwing some ideas around a Vietnam/Hue City dio. Tamiya M48 and Bravo 6 figures.

14 Likes

Overall a real nice vignette, figures portray the intensity of the skirmish, only thing I could suggest is adding a couple of whips to the M48 and the PRC25 needs an antenna as well. Very nice finish.

2 Likes

Yeah, still have to do antennas for the 48 and the RTO, along with the spaghetti cord to the handset. Also want to have some expended M18 smokes strewn about

1 Like

I knew you were on it, your figures are exceptional!

3 Likes

Thank you very much

1 Like

Nicely done man , beautiful work !!

3 Likes

Very nice, but it looks like this M14 has a warped barrel :

H.P.

2 Likes

Wow! The good ‘ol Tamiya M48, love it, great job :+1:

2 Likes

For shootin’ around corners😁. Eventually I’ll ease it and the spray n’ pray guys barrel straight also

2 Likes

Great scene & that’s an exceptional paint job on the M48, bravo :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Beauty, my favorite era, the Nam. Looks great to me. I say Ruck On!!!

2 Likes

Looks great! It has the feel of that time.
J

2 Likes

Cant beat those Bravo-6 figures ,of to a great looking diorama 101

2 Likes

If I had myself in that kind of a predicament, I’d want that barrel on the 48 pointed at whom ever was shooting at me. Why? The other guy’s not exactly dumb, he see’s that barrel looking at him eyeball to eyeball, and looses total focus making life a little easier for yourself.
Kinda surprised you did not go with red bricks, as Hue was known for them all over the place. Yet I’m sure there was white as well.
gary

1 Like

TC, I almost forgot, you can straighten that barrel, under hot water, super hot water, from you faucet. Yes, it will work even with the paint on it, but if you’re gentle with it, you can straighten it out no problem.

Not having red brick is not really an issue, south Hue City was like the French Quarter, it had loads of concrete walls, most of them decorative architecture. I did a lot of research for my “Hue City” dio and had direct contact with the author Nick Warr, “Phase Line Green”. He was in North Hue, the Citadel, where brick was everywhere, but south Hue City had a lot of concrete pony walls, etc…

A closer look at a photo search will verify a lot of concrete pony walls, court yard boundaries, etc.

Imgur
As you can see, “Mother” has the M-60 crankin away, lol.

So, depending on which side of the river you choose to depict, north or south, brick or concrete, looks like South Hue City to me :wink:

3 Likes

The more I see your Patton the more it resembles something from Shep Paine. :thinking:

2 Likes

you are one of the few that know the distinction between Hue proper and south of the Perfume River. Not exactly sure of the locale of the photo, but would bet it’s Hue. The south village has a different name, and next time I see a buddy of mine, I’ll ask him. Prior to Tet; Hue was a big in country R&R spot for Marines and that buddy of mine had been there several times.
gary

4 Likes

That’s high praise indeed…thank you

2 Likes

This is south Hue, photo description.

TC, your work looks great, standing by to stand by.:wink:

2 Likes

I asked on a site called Vietnam War Pics and Memories where this photo was taken and what unit is represented. The most logical answer I received, says it’s across the street from the MACV Compound on Duy Tan Street in Hue during the Tet Offensive. The unit represented is Bravo Company 1/1 Marines, which was a provisional unit consisting of the headquarters element and whatever Marines they could scrape together.

3 Likes