VW Beetle..circa 1982 Berlin Brigade

Thats good! I don’t know what they are selling for, but right now there is a listing out of the UK for GBP 169.90, a built (slightly damaged) one out of Germany for EUR 113.39, and a couple out of Hong Kong for $430 and $540. These prices do not include shipping. Wish I still had my old one!
Ken

Hannants have one in stock for 150 quid…

Cheers,

M

The Vdub cockpit is now pretty much put together.

May go over the steering wheel again with a semi gloss black, and touch up a bit on the LH door card.

Will start the brown block masking with the 1mm tape tomorrow now as it’s late and I’m in early at work

9 Likes

That’s very nice. :grinning:

1 Like

Kind of you to say so Rob, appreciated :+1:

Interior is looking great John. A shame there aren’t readily available 1/24th accessories for something to place on the passenger seat to add to the story, depending on who’s car you decide it actually was. You would know what a sergeants wife would leave in her car in 80”s Berlin better than me! Ha!

Looking excellent John

Yeah, there are PE bits you can get to dress up the car itself, and figures as well (none appropriate for this scenario however), but nothing accessory-wise to depict the passengers’ belongings and bump it all up a notch.

1 Like

I had thought about some interior details as well.
Perhaps something period correct:

I have a resin British Officer figure in 1/24. I thought perhaps cutting his cap off and leaving it on the seat might be kind of cool as well.

1 Like

If you look for car stuff, there is A LOT of stuff available for 1/24, 1/25 scale cars.
Ken

The downside of a day on the range …

Thankfully I only had to put just over 300 rounds through it lol… Gotta love that carbon build up :frowning:

9 Likes

Range pen not working then, or to many Rupert’s around.

2 Likes

Couldn’t get some else to clean it Johnny? Lol

1 Like

Luckily we don’t have to worry about the blessed Gentry on our ranges lol…myself and another RCO I have in my section run all our ranges…I have cleaning it down to a fine art now… Only takes 20min for a full strip down and clean…

Sadly I have to lead by example…or I would lol

2 Likes

In appreciation of Robs @18bravo idea …

The Stern one and The Face with Kim Wilde on the cover,

A VW Porsche one

And a Falklands Newsweek one

All from 1982, various months … I thought they would give the inside a bit of interest, the resizing may not be exact, but I hope it looks ok ?

9 Likes

Love the addition of the tabloids. Guess he had nothing better to spent his money on.

1 Like

John,
unbelievable, your love to detail! even the red buttons of the belt locks, and now the magazines!!! Excellent idea! What about a copy of “sixth sence”? I am sure you know what I mean!

Andreas

1 Like

I love it. One of my favorites of all time is the video of Kim Wilde and Nena singing Irgenwo, Irgendwie, Irgendwann. I got to see Nena in Berlin but never Kim Wilde.

1 Like

Thanks guys, glad you like it …