Waiting for a new WWII Steam Locomotive in 1/35th

Thank you. I’m sure trying! - Honestly.

Question:
Does anyone know of any USATC Decals in 1/35th ???

I am talking to Archer about a possible future set.

1 Like

Current build status of my 1/35th scale dio project.
(This one is too far big to fit in my little bathroom photo studio.)

Sorry for the poor quality photo.(Bad Lighting) I will try to get a more “professional” photo in the near future.

This combo is far too large to fit in my little “bathroom photo studio”!

1 Like

If your are modeling any WWII time period after D-Day+60 this locomotive would be right at home pulling any of the, then captured, German boxcars, flatcars and gondolas being offered by several model manufacturers today!

2 Likes

I would like to see a British WD 2-10-0, many of these also went to Europe after the war.

Regards Jason

1 Like

You and me both! The wish list is a long one.
Would love to see USATC standard boxcars and gondolas offered in 1/35th.

Perhaps they are available in HO or OO scales?

Hey EVERYBODY!

Please consider taking a quick (10 second) Armorama survey. We are trying to find out just how many viewers are interested in both Armor AND Railroad Modeling.

3 Likes

Several more photos of the S-160 Locomotive. This time builder photos from the Lima Locomotive Works. c1944

2 Likes

Michael, thanks for posting those photos. Is a handsome locomotive, wasn’t it?

I hope that after we finish moving, and get settled, I’ll finally have some time to get back into modeling. And I would like build one of these.

I don’t honestly think I would use the term “handsome”

It is a bit short, fat, with an oversized boiler that barely fits within the European tunnel clearance limits and that off-center smoke box door???

I feel it fits better in the “so ugly, it’s beautiful” category.

More “Pug” than “Greyhound”.

But then “Pugs” have a great following as a bred. ~ I certainly like it!

1 Like

Any idea when this kit may be available? Also , do I understand that one of the owners of the company recently passed ?

1 Like

Still listed as TBA on the Commander website. The owner (and primo pattern maker) lost his partner a few years back which then brought about a move to a new state. He still has things he wants to tweak on the S-160/190 and other things have just had to take precedence over this big monster.

Commander continues to aggressively offer new, fascinating and rarely modeled items not available anywhere else!

1 Like