Weapons of the Civil War Cavalryman | Armorama™

This is a review by Randy L Harvey of Weapons of the Civil War Cavalryman from Osprey Publishing by author John Walter with illustrators Adam Hook and Alan Gilliland and series editor Martin Pegler.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/weapons-of-the-civil-war-cavalryman

There is something about older firearms that have a special appeal. Some of these were revolutionary. Thanks for the review, Randy. This makes me want to go out and find some of the old lead figures of Civil War and post-war infantry figures.

1 Like

You’re welcome Fred. I enjoyed reviewing that book. The older firearms are really cool. Don’t know, just something about them. :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Randy

1 Like

The technology has moved on, this is the newest stuff:

Don’t bother with this as you get exactly the same in these sets (i.e. if you’re just after the weapons you get four figures for free!).

There aren’t (m)any spare weapons in this set:

Master Box also do other ACW figures in sets, pairs and singles plus Wild West and Plains Wars subjects if those interest you,

Before I gave up pistol shooting I had a reproduction Remington New Model Army. It’s a filthy habit, shooting cap-and-ball. Everyone had some sort of wet wipe handy which lead to such remarks as “I’ll have you know these are the same brand of Baby Wipes Davy Crockett used at the Alamo”.

Cheers,

M

1 Like