What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Nice! I just love me a groovy jig, man! :hocho::gear:

—mike

3 Likes

Colors are on

11 Likes

Nice camouflage :point_up_2:

Starting to look like something here:

8 Likes

Holly cow! Send in a search team!! He could still be in there.

3 Likes

After seeing an instagram post about an Initial D model kit for the AE86, I decided to take a look (with Scalemates beinguseful, as always) and ran into a very dangerous goldmine… Lots of kits of the cool cars from the show. Many different variants, etc… Will put these in my mental stash (along with every other kit that I see and don’t buy).

2 Likes

Managed to assemble 3 x 2 parts for the suspension on the M29 Weasel.
Seen here inside a dime sized circle (17.9 mm for us metric types)
20231129_010919

Slightly out of focus, better photos in the Weasel build blog

9 Likes

jaw.drops.to.the.floor :astonished:

@Uncle-Heavy I didn’t realise you were a builder! I thought you were a full time collector?!

:+1:t3:

5 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ask him when was the last time he actually painted something… (duck, weave, dodge)

5 Likes

I promised another member here to build this LITTLE jewel to get a second opinion after we both read/viewed the build blog linked from the news item:

and the problems reported in that build blog.

3 Likes

The compressor still needs to have a new tank fitted.
All the hardware has been collected, just needs some assembly work …

3 Likes

Let’s get to it then Robin - we all want to see the Weasel in paint - no excuses. LOL

4 Likes

Rear jacks, booms, azimuth ring and missile cradle temporary attached for mock up.

Now I have to assemble the front work table in the down position so I can show the carriage for the warhead and radar sections swung out to the front.

9 Likes

It is coming along really nicely. It would be great if you started your own thread on this build and recapped what you already have done and tell where you plan to go with it. These great pics will get lost in this thread.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about doing that. Maybe if I get time this evening, but first a really long and boring video of Pershing II missiles being erected… note the position of the booms and cradles after the missile is in firing position, supported only by the azimuth ring.

Nothing worthwhile really happens until about 9:50, so feel free to fast forward.

Also note the position of the tractors- this is so the crane can be used to attach the war head and radar section to the guidance section of the missile….

5 Likes

Yep and being mostly all OD he can even rattle can it if need be. :sunglasses:

1 Like

DSC00960
Started putting paint on the starboard missile box of the Sea Wolf.

6 Likes

Being preoccupird with reenactment and firearms lately, this is the first bench time I had since October. The Hobby Boss M3 White Scout. Not a bad kit, not great. The underside is not correct.

9 Likes

Mock up of the Pershing II

15 Likes

Abrams drivers hatch rework and engine deck details.

9 Likes

30 years ago I returned to armor modeling and built the Imperial Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L70\A as my first model. Here’s that model today -

So today to commemorate my 30th anniversary of my return to modeling (and building that model) I cleaned off the bench -

And have torn open this!

Putting glue to plastic now…

17 Likes