What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Does that kit come with the boxed fender extensions typical of Berlin Cents?

1 Like

I’m not up on Berlin Centurions and trusted the kit. Here’s photos of each end of the fenders -

2 Likes

I was referring to these. I know one of the newer kits has them but I don’t recall which one. I’ve scratched them on both AFV Club and Tamiya kits. Yes, I still build those as well. :slight_smile:

I quit trusting any kit maker long ago. However, I just found the answer to my own question. AFV Club has added the extension to their Berlin Infantry Brigade kit.

6 Likes

@SSGToms What kind of gloss clear are you using?

I finally ran out of Model Master acrylic gloss clear and have been using AK 3rd Gen clear gloss like this

But I’m not really happy with the results. I’ve tried it mixed thin and thick with AK 3rd Gen thinner. I’ve mixed it so thick it’ll barely spray out of an Iwata Revolution touch up gun and it’s still not as smooth as my old Model Master stuff.

The satin is good as is the flat, but the gloss kind of sucks, for me anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve still got a small stockpile of the original Future floor polish for my clear gloss. When that runs out I’m switching to Holiday House acrylic floor finish (available at Wal-Mart) for my clear gloss.
I mix my own clear flat from 70% Future and 30% Tamiya Flat Base. DEAD flat and never frosts or milks up on me.
I’ve been using these two formulas for many decades and never had a disaster like the ones I read here about all the commercial products. Seems commercial clear coats are all over the place in performance and finish.

4 Likes

I did many things.

1. Pissed the wife off by breathing and looking at her in that tone. :crazy_face::roll_eyes:

2. Filled one gap on the Whippet caused by builder error. A few more to go before primer but on hold for a honey do (Uber eats driver for daughter). :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

Low parts count, straight out of box therapy build. Revell M48A2GA2

Had to make sure Tamiya extra thin cement didn’t eat this batch of Revell plastic before I started. The quick set did eat it.

4 Likes

Going to install the windshields and interior on a Revell '67 Corvette and finish up the exterior so I can button it up and move on to decals. Then if I have time I will paint the auxiliary bits on the dozen engine blocks I base coated last week so I can get to finishing the rest of my cars. Next weekend will be about the Bergepanzer and hopefully the Bf109 and Me262 as well.

2 Likes

Filled more gaps with Vallejo Plastic Putty. Let it dry overnight and primer tomorrow. Pics in the WWI campaign if interested.

1 Like

Update: Wife called to say it’s Chinese New Year and the restaurants are closed so dinner plans have changed and I am making tacos.

Hope I at least get the windshields in now. Dang it!

3 Likes

Dang, now I want Chinese food. Like how some feel the need for Chick a fil on Sunday.

2 Likes

I married a Chinese girl. I get to have Chinese whenever I want. :grinning:

4 Likes

Come on in. Plenty of room for friends:

7 Likes

Got more done with my Tamiya LRDG truck

7 Likes

Come in, I live in there and barely come out to play.

2 Likes

I disliked the twin 5” gun decals I added, so I stripped them. Now have a small area to repaint before adding a gloss coat this time, then the decals.

Worked on the Porsche 911 kit I got not long ago removing more seam lines, adding the mirrors to clean up the area around them before painting cause I don’t think it will look right after, plus it will match the body color. Started cleaning up other parts.

Best modeling work day in awhile even if some of it was for not (Whippet seam lines). :pensive:

2 Likes

Just finished my bench work for today. Have sanded the wings of my Eduard Wildcats and prepared the engine parts for some paint tomorrow … :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I should have a good beer … :beers:

4 Likes

I did some spot paint touch ups on my current project where masking had failed during the main painting sessions.

2 Likes

Still waiting for the old school camo net to dry. In the meantime I tidied up my workspace and touched up the base coat of an AFV IDF 113. Also painted the tools and some other bits. Will gloss coat it later this evening.

4 Likes

Did some scratch-building today.:hammer_and_wrench: … Catching up on my forum lurking, especially this thread for its dog-face comedic relief! :rofl:

—mike

3 Likes