What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

Thanks Mal :slight_smile:
There’s also a twin seater and I would like another single seater for a RAF 6 Squadron aircraft.

Well postie was busy again with parcels arriving from all corners including one from Oz. Accessories are for a Vigilante, wheels, metal gear and brass pitot plus the decal sheet has the markings for two green camo Vigilantes from 1966 along with the Intruders and a pair of US Navy F-4G’s, not wild weasels but modified F-4B’s.

3 Likes

Another trip to the post office today to collect a pre-loved kit that I picked up during my regular Facebook BSS trawling.

It will display nicely beside this one (already in the stash)

Cheers, D

3 Likes

Ebay purchase arrived today a decent price,build this back in 03 but it didn’t make the interstate move,so I want try it again

2 Likes

I can’t stop myself,this one showed up today,been wanting to get one of these but most suppliers are out,grabbed it on Ebay,very impressive in box

3 Likes

New books for my Meng F-106 and Hasegawa F-14.

2 Likes

My lovely wife, aside from various other gifts, bestowed these gems upon me

now of course the dilemma of resisting the temptation to start them before finishing others already on the workbench :innocent:

6 Likes

One by one, Russell. Or you will have more half started builds on your bench than you can handle. To resist temptation is a good way to patience. On my bench is at the moment only 1 build … :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy New Year everyone!
Torsten :fireworks:

1 Like

Happy New Year, everyone! :tada:

2 Likes

Bought this from Sprue Brothers for my Meng 1/72 Fiat G.91.

1 Like

My birthday present to me…

3 Likes

This little gem came in the mail. Its the Italeri 1/72 Panavia Tornado GR.1 gulf war edition! Im building it the Gulf war 30th anniversary campaign so I have to wait sadly. I also got a bottle of AK real color Desert pink.
Imgur

1 Like

I dont have a kit yet but I had to have these decals,I think Kinetic has a Belgian F-16

3 Likes

Some nice purchases seen above.

Anyway postie delivered a few light aircraft

Liking the 1943 Airship Squadron option on the Piper :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooo those look like fun! I just got two packages in the mail for my Tornado build. A pair of resin ejector seats and a weapon set for the guided munitions.
Imgur

Hi there

It’s great to see this thread - a true Aeroscale institution - carry through to the new format. :beer:

My first new contribution arrived today:

It’s come about from a chance remark in an email conversation with Joel. Basically, it made me question the magnifier I’ve been using and checking the focal length of the lenses - i.e. the range at which you can work on something for a given magnification.

This doesn’t totally match the benchmark Optivisor, but it gets pretty close in the magnifications that I use for a lot less money. Importantly for me - even after just an hour two’s use, I can say it’s a big step-up from what I’ve been using recently.

Whether that will translate into better modelling is anyone’s guess! :laughing:

Take care and stay safe.

All the best

Rowan :beer:

3 Likes

Today was a fun haul. I got the crappy Academy 1/144 Tornado which I will be building as a Desert pink tornado continuing my effort to build Mig eater in all the major scales. ( 1/144, 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32) Also I got a MP3 player and 3 new Green Day albums; Dookie, American idiot and Revolution radio!
Imgur

1 Like

One that has evaded capture (by me) for a while now, added to the RAAF stash!

Cheers, D

5 Likes

Like the Wirraway D.

Small parcel of light/general aviation subjects arrived.

Err. The Taylor JT-2 Titch lives up to its name and is tiny, some of my 1/144 fighters are bigger than this 1/72 aircraft.
Both DH.60’s only come with the box art scheme but that’s ok as I like them.

2 Likes

Just got these books from Sprue Brothers.
DSC00002

3 Likes

Nice to see that the Gulf war 30th anniversary campaign is already heating up, i got also a Revell Tornado GR.1 set for it but decided i need another one so went looking for one on the local evil bay. Found a german version dirt cheap and the seller had more items at low prices,… so still ended up spending more than expected :grin:

1 Like