What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

Somebody like “high-blow go-fasts.” :grin:

I remember that HAWK P-47! It was so cool being able to build two types.

I gotta finish my Do 24. I even bought a resin cockpit for it. What color were Aussie Do24s? They were escapees from Java, IIRC.

I haven’t seen Steffen Arndt (alpha_tango) around in a while. Did he come over to the new site?

He left a long time ago, before we even moved over.
Andy :slight_smile:

Not a lot hath postman brought to my aerodrome of late. These came back in November.

Do335 will be the third I’ve built (1st since the 1970s) but I’ve wanted to build one again.

The Aichi E16A Zuiun is my first attempt with this kit. (Love me some IJN seaplanes.)

Sir Chompsalot is literally licking his lips at the prospect of getting these on the bench!

2 Likes

And the first of three boxings is here.

1 Like

I got these old kits at a very low price. No boxes, but kits are completed.

I’m anger of get the Jaguar on the bench, but before I have to finish a diorama and a 1/48 F-15E I’ve already started.

Regards!

1 Like

Part 2 of the Harrier trilogy arrived today.

1 Like

Speaking of Harriers, my latest aquisition to go with my Hasegawa 1/72 AV-8B.
DSC00009

2 Likes

Talking of Harriers some of its distance relatives arrived plus a nice Beau.

Now this one is for a challenge in our IPMS British Bulldogs group, build a starter kit using only want comes in the kit plus a knife and water, no cutters, varnish, set/sol, or other paints - back to basics. This should be fun image

2 Likes

At least I got him:

Now I am waiting for decals from DKdecals (now in preparation).

4 Likes

That would make for a great build log thread!

D, there is a thread in the British Bulldog group forum but I think only members can see the thread.

Here’s a link if it works, https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/pocket-money-build/4421/14

These arrived from Sprue Brothers today. They got me again with their “Deal of the Day” on the AH-1Z. I got the Tornado and Gripen to keep it company in the shipping box.
DSC00002 DSC00003 DSC00007

3 Likes

Hi again

Wow! There are some great kits among the latest hauls! :beer:

My newest delivery isn’t nearly as exciting… just some glue applicator nozzles:

The diameter of the tips varies and the finest ones might be useful for rigging etc. - certainly a lot less hassle than stretching tube over a candle.

All the best

Rowan :beer:

2 Likes

Whoa, that’s a crazy lookin’ setup there, never have seen this particular plane / apparatus (?). I am really interested in seeing this finished build.

Cajun

1 Like

This arrived ready for the Steffen memorial build.

4 Likes

Hi again

Another modest delivery here - but it could be a useful one:

I’m running low on cellulose thinners and spotted this on Amazon. It’s much cheaper than own-brand thinners and looks crystal clear. I’ll give a try soon. :slight_smile:

All the best

Rowan :beer:

1 Like

Today my bottle of Model Master Desert pink and 1/1000 defiant arrived!
Imgur
You can see the build of the Defiant Here.

2 Likes

Well lots of talk of Hurricanes, Typhoons, Tempests, etc. on another site where I’m active got me wondering how I could make my second Monogram Hawker Typhoon different from my last build, aside from armament (bomb racks or rocket rails) or backdating the kit into a car door type, and I remembered that for half of their wartime service career, they had a three bladed propellor, while the kit comes with the later four bladed type. So a bit of searching on eBay later, and I came up with this old KMC conversion set, which also included exhausts. And then I think somebody tossed a set of wheels in there as well, because those are not shown to be included in the set, but came in mine. I’m not complaining.

3 Likes