What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

I was looking at those on the weekend with the sale at SprueBrothers. I hope you’ll post your experiences with one (or all) of them soon :-).

No. I bought them from Ak interactive. Shipping to Canada was cheaper than sprue brothers. DXM decals Vx-9 Vampires on the way as well.

1 Like

What a treasure!!! Someday I’ll build an E too.

Hi mates, I got me these ukrainian decals, because I didn’t like to build a Foxbat in russian markings any longer…
The fuel bowser came handy with ukrainian decals, too, and I had it on my wishlist anyway.
Have fun everybody!
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:

6 Likes

@phantom_phanatic, Steven, I remember building that Airfix Mirage F1C and that Mig-21 as well. Those Syrian AF decals look great too!

So I’ve gotten in a few aircraft kits over the past couple of weeks. A couple off of eBay, and one from consignment at Andy’s Hobby HQ shop

First up, an old ESCI Mirage 5 that was the consignment find.

then off of eBay, these two, where each one had the seller offer them up at discounted prices

now for me to get an aircraft project finished up this year…

7 Likes

@Stikpusher Those decals do look very good. I’m on the lookout for a good Mig-23 to do them justice. I’m reading mixed things about the KP kit. Supposed to be very good detail and shape wise, but awful fit.

Nice little haul of kits you’ve got yourself there. I might keep my eyes peeled for the F3F. Those 1930’s US Navy biplanes were really good looking designs.

The ATZ is a nice kit Peter. I build the Zil version myself as a DDR vehicle and have the ural in stash aswell.

1 Like

Mail Call :smile:

Processing: 20220604_181115.jpg…

Like this, Jacob?

:raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

Not mail call here, but pick ups at the last IPMS meeting two days ago…

So… two more acquisitions for my flight line.

First up a large scale Yellow Wings beauty….

and then my first SMER kit, a beautiful little float plane racer…. now the kit itself is quite basic, looking about the same as old Hawk kits from childhood

7 Likes

Delivered today. Figures to add some life to my Short Stirling project, resin wheels for the big Jug because the kit comes with some weird soft grey ones that I’m not sure about, and an old Tiger Moth to add to my 1/48 RAAF set.

ADF Serials - Tiger Moth (adf-serials.com.au)

Cheers, D

6 Likes

To supplement my 1/48 Mosquito FB Mk VI build.

My aircraft will be depicted (or staged) during a maintenance/pre-flight period (i.e. engines exposed etc. Therefore it would be inappropriate to attach the 2 x 250 Kg bombs in the bomb bay, as the aircraft would not be armed in this state.

So I invested in the RAF Type C Bomb Trolley c/w 250 Kg bombs from Flightpath Models (NOT CHEAP!). An absolutely exquisite kit, multi media (resin, white metal and PE) which just blew me away on opening the box (which is lovely on its own!).

The Master Browning brass .303 gun barells were a necessity. I’m not using the kit parts as i’m replacing those with an Aires gun bay, and the Aires supplied barrels were cast in resin, and as usual, resembled lethal bananas.

4 Likes

Couldn’t resist this one!

10 Likes

Every little support helps!
UA UA UA

3 Likes

That it does.
The digital cammo is very cool looking too.

So I e gotten a few new aircraft items in over the past couple of weeks.

First up, some 1/48 Eduard BL.755 CBUs for a future project or two

Then some Yellow Wings white number decals and Verlinden yellow stencil dry transfers, both of which will come in handy

and lastly this Hobbycraft 1/48 Bf-109B, which I had been wanting for quite some time, and I was finally able to score at a decent price

I must like 109s, because this is the third that I’ve picked up in the past year…

5 Likes

Start for my UK Phantom project.

Slightly oversized box. Sprues from Hasegawa. Good deal 35 Euros incl. shipping
Now waiting for Hasegawa Air-to Air-Weapons.

6 Likes

I have this kit still in the old blue box, but same box art. Need to have a look at it …

:ukraine:

1 Like

Nice one. Will be looking forward to seeing the build.
I’m going to have to dig mine out now as I could’ve sworn that they included the ordnance in this one?

It has Sparrow missiles, fuel tanks, SUU-23 pod and the Thorn EMI recce pod. Will go for Sidewinder missiles and BL755 bombs.

1 Like