What the postman brought today (Armorama)

First impressions are very good - probably of similar quality overall and detail to Tamiya 1/48 kits (but we’ll see if that is borne out when I start building them :grin: ). There are a couple of compromises on the T-90 that I’ve spotted (the deep wading cover for the engine vents is moulded solid on the engine deck for example) and I’m told the track pattern on the outside faces of the links is slightly incorrect (but we’re talking about a max of a dozen links on each side that will have this surface visible, so I can live with that).

The Tigr has an interior layout which I presume is a for a scout/recce variant rather than the more basic personnel carrier type.

I haven’t seen Suyata’s first 1/48 scale release (Panther Ausf A with Strabokran) in the flesh but that has also been well received by the quarter-scale community. Apparently, their next release will be a Tiger I (yawn… - sorry, WWII German stuff isn’t my thing). Rumour has it that Suyata has some connection with Meng - don’t know whether that’s true but the style of the box art, instructions and look and feel of the sprues would indicate it might be so.

2 Likes