What the postman brought today (Armorama)

I presume the little critters are hiding behind those Iron things on the box top … :clown_face:

:joy:

7 Likes

Nothing like smell of resin :sunglasses:

12 Likes

7 Likes

My Sherman addiction remains unsated. Got this for a bargain and looking forward to adding it to the fleet. Now I just need to get an M16 so I can recreate this scene :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Received this today in trade with a member

Rounds out my Marder III collection as I have the Tristar Ausf H and Ausf M. I find myself really drawn to vehicles based on the Panzer 38t. The moldings are classic tamiya. Nice and crisp. I will probably add a barrel and tracks as I think rubber bands on German kittys just look wrong

12 Likes

Gotta love Spiny Norman. :smiley:

3 Likes

Mead. Just a warning, Fruil do not fit the Tamiya kit as is. You need to use the Drive Spockets Fruil give you and widen the Idler:

You might want to add some stuff to the inside. You do not see details, just the shape and form. The void is a bit noticeable if you don’t:

Note: The transmission was a spare. You can only just see the very end of it if you leave the hatches open.

9 Likes

Good to know! I was curious about the interior being empty, I know the Tristar ones have some small interior. I also have the Tristar Flakpanzer 38t I might be able to steal parts from.

Regarding tracks, that is really good to know about the Friuls. I did find some Indy link dragon tracks on eBay I might snatch

2 Likes

If you have Dragon’s 38t based kits lying around, they have interiors. My spare tranny came from their Marder III Ausf M

3 Likes

I think all theee Tristar kits I have have fairly full interiors, if I buttton up the M or H variant or the Flakpanzer than I can steal the interiors as I think the voids are far less noticeable on ghe M and H variants if memory serves me right

1 Like

Got these today

19 Likes

Great haul! Nice kits!

1 Like

Nice stuff,long time no see

2 Likes

The M123E2 builds up nice. Now, having sampled the Hobby Link tractor, I’ll have to order the matching trailer. I’m hoping for HL to produce a complete M15A2 trailer.

16 Likes

That T-72 is on my list

2 Likes

Very nice work there Jim. Is there much of a difference between the M15A2 trailer and the M15 they have on their site?

I’m hoping to start the M108 crane truck soon. Still working with a 3D printer in BC to get those M813 et al hood kits into production. Considering all the M54 variants HL have produced, there’ll certainly be a market for them.

2 Likes

Thanks. I only see the M172 semi-trailer and the Aussie short trailer on Wanamaker site (for Hobby Link). I don’t see a listing for the M15.
Regarding the M15, Hobby Link on Messenger sent info that he was doing a conversion to A2, I’ll guess from the Tamiya Dragon Wagon kit. I’m asking him if a full M15A2 is in the works, you know, a little something to throw behind these tractors!

1 Like

I have the M15A2 conversion from Hobby Link and it is of course for the Tamiya trailer. You could buy the Tamiya kit and sell the tractor - they were used lots without the trailer.

Also, DES Kit makes a full resin kit of the M15A1 trailer, so that might be an option in lieu of using an M15A2 trailer. Or sell the Tamiya kit with the DES trailer… :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

The M26 tractor was also used to recover heavy stuff.
Tamiyas instructions for their kit nr 35244 show how to
rig the tractor for recovery towing.

The full instructions can be downloaded from Scale Mates:

5 Likes