What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Still hoping they will add the Crocodile components in a future release.

1 Like

Might have to pick up that Churchill. I have the MkIII Dieppe one from them I’m gonna start Sunday and it looks great

1 Like

@petbat AGREED! I hope they do, it wouldnt be too hard to add an extra sprue or 2. I had a look at the decals and the kit has the same bulls head triangular unit marking as the Tamiya Crocodile, but its for Korea.

@Mead93 the sprues look good. Sharp texture and the engine looks nice. I just ordered the Tank Craft book on the Churchill’s for some reference.

these 2 book, still waiting for the 2 model I ordered last week end

3 Likes

The Bulls head from the 79th Armoured Division? They were disbanded in 1945.

They sent the 7th RTR to Korea. C Squadron had Churchill Crocodiles but without the trailers.

2 Likes

@petbat , thats the one. Im planning on building a WW2 version and if the decals are the same size/design as the Tamiya Crocodile ones, I may replace them as the original ones may not be as crisp.

This just came…
The Legend 1/35 M113 ADATS!!! At first I complained about the pretty high $100 price mark but after a look in the box its completely worth it! The box is literally stuffed with tons of very nicely detailed resin and PE bits.
Im not looking forward to the surgery on the hull sides though…

6 Likes

It’s always a good thing when an expensive model kit lives up to its price and the accordingly high expectations!

2 Likes

When your case is gone, use airbrush cleaner.

Which is just as impossible to get here in Australia as the extra thin…

Yah it does. One disappointing thing though I noticed as I looked at the parts, the roof and diamond tread plates are warped! Oooh well looks like this will be a long build…

Ouch, hopefully that won’t be too bad to sort out.

1 Like

5 Likes

Inexpensive Ultrasonic cleaner arrived today for helping clean airbrush parts.

Also a few horse jumping pins, I hope to mask and turn into 24th Panzwr Division emblems. Plus a few pins for various model types.

7 Likes

Found my latest order from Aberdeen Books on my doorstep this evening.
Books - May 11 2012

5 Likes

how are those ultrasonic cleaners? what do you use for cleaning solution? i am thinking of purchasing one to clean my airbrushes,thanks

Some stuff to make both a mess and dioramas with…

5 Likes

With just water some of the enamel paint on a plastic handle & old color cup was removed in my test yesterday. With a couple of drops od Dawn dish washing liquid added to the water a little more came off. I want to try PBW based on Scale-a-ton’s Ultrasonic cleaner for airbrushes and a few other cleaners.

I’m also going to try white vinegar & water as part of cleaning & degreasing Fruil track links before burnishing fluids etc.

great! thanks for the info!

This is worth look. Plasmo - Ultrasonic Cleaner Video

I think ventilation very good aka like being outside for some of the chemicals he mentions.

I like the idea of using it to also clean files, sanding sticks & paint brushes etc.

1 Like