What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Today, something arrived I’ve wanted for a very long time. TRIMASTER 1/48 FW190D9. I’ve built the Tamiya D9, DML D9 & Trimaster D9 and have a real soft spot for the old Trimaster kit.

Back in my heyday, I did one as a commission. After the model was completed, I wanted the Trimasterkit. It still has the shrink wrap :slight_smile: It’s one of my few “kit collector” kits.

4 Likes

Wade! Heresy! Sacrilege! Treason! You put a wingy thingy on Armorama?! Shame. Show your face here no more.
Just kidding. I keep a stock of the old Monogram 1/48 planes in the stash and build one OOB every once in a while to “cleanse the palate” between major armor builds. :beer: :beer: :beer:

3 Likes

Indeed! Same here things-wit-wings are always OOB plus maybe an aftermarket canopy cause I’m to lazy to polish one normally:) Sometimes one just need a break from tracks, rubber bands, link-n-lenght or indy link and a very low part count kit with less than like sixty parts. WW2 1/48 fighters or a submarine model fits that criteria nicely.

Plus it was always fun as a hardcore AFV modeler at a local club mets bringing in an airplane :airplane: model and hear gaspes of astonishment mixed with gaspes of absolute horror from the serious plane modelers :slight_smile:

Always the perfect time to not so innocently say during show & tell, “I understand from my research these here US Navy Corsairs were the best overall air superiority fighters of the war.”

Watching the fantical warbird aficionados nearly come to blows arguing vehemently afterwards over best air superiority fighter of WW2 can be very entertaining.

3 Likes

Schadenfreude. :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Nothing fancy for me, but I have refound a joy in doing these old kits!

And I have taken to displaying my tanks with some small items, the real deal, directly linked to the build. This one will adorn my Russian tank section.

6 Likes

The running/dodging figures in that old M113 kit are worth the price of the kit alone in my opinion.

Seriously???

I adore the older Tamiya kit. Such wonderful pallet cleansers after a long, arduous and detailed build. They go together great and look just fine when done :+1:

Very dynamic poses. Don’t find them much anywhere, especially for Nam. Quality wise eh, but with a bit of work and new heads they are ok.

1 Like

The stug is the first kit I built when I got back into the hobby this year! Goes together very well and for how cheap it is, it’s a great kit

1 Like

:smile:
As I started this thread I hereby declare that showing an aircraft here once in a while is just fine. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m more an Aeroscaler than an Armorama guy who hast just finished the MCV Type 16 from Tamiya. And I want to jump aside to Wade with my latest haul, which arrived yesterday …

5 Likes

Call out the Inquisition. Blasphemers everywhere…

Well at least the Mustang has a fuel TANK… :joy:

4 Likes

Hey, all of these have armor and/or a tank of some kind:

4 Likes

:joy: :joy:

1 Like

You’re killin me Smalls…

1 Like

You know, I have never seen that movie.

Really? You ought to. It’s entertaining for adults as well. It’s a great movie.

1 Like

You’re killin me Smalls…

Our golf team coach made that joke because one of the members on our team turned up late to a really important tournament and I was the only one who got it the reference… :laughing:

1 Like

Not to forget gun/cannons. I see, we understand eachother … :beer:

It finally arrived! Pre-ordered 6 months ago. Came with a limited edition Iron Cross so Score!

Havent really delved into the sprues yet but they look really good through the bags.

5 Likes