What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Richard (Tinbanger) started the Automodeler edition of the “Postman” thread exactly 6 years ago, and it generated 29 pages, over 700 replies, and almost 117,000 views. It is worth going back for a look, just pick a page at random and jump in to see who and what was adding to the stash. There’s a better than even chance that you will find me with a Chevy, but there’s plenty of other cool kits on display.

It’s high time that we carried on the tradition here on the new site, and I’m going to kick it off with a couple of kits that I collected from the postie today. Not Chevy’s, in fact not even cars.

First up is the Italeri “Eddie Stobart” rigid box Volvo FH12 in 1/24 scale.

I like the look of the cab and side fairings on this one, and I’m even considering cutting the box down and modifying to another custom car hauler. Time will tell.

Next up is the Revell Heavy Duty Trailer/Low Loader in 1/25 scale. This one came at a great price from an NQR sale with missing instructions, but appears complete and unstarted.

Now I just need to decide on a truck to haul it. I’m thinking maybe an old-style Kenworth sleeper cab.

Ok folks, over to you!

Cheers, D

3 Likes

Nice scores.

In case you didn’t know about the Dutch Model Truck Club Fotki site, here is a link to the instructions for the trailer. Most all trucks and trailers are on it.

https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/revell/07542_heavy_duty/

3 Likes

Many thanks David! I hadn’t seen that site, but I will definitely be having a good look around there now.

Cheers, D

You’re welcome, glad to help.

Very nice buy D. The trailer is BIG; With an old school Kenworth to haul it, it will be a massive beast.

1 Like

I’ve gone on a bit of a nostalgia trip this week. I picked up a couple of kits that I built with my Dad about 40 years ago.
We built the low-loader trailer together and painted it a sky blue colour, then paired it up with an International Transtar in the same colour, so I grabbed this kit to go with it.

Another rig we built was a stock trailer behind a White Freightliner. I picked up the truck, now I need to chase down the trailer.

Cheers, D

3 Likes

Convulsions, you’re triggering convulsions. LOL

Nice snags.

Let’s petition Tamiya-San to get started on some new-mould old-school trucks!

In the meantime, sit back and laugh at my shenanigans :rofl:

Cheers, D

Bought a few things, from Ak-interaktive, when they had 25% discount, during black week.

Postie also brought my favorit car mag

3 Likes

It’s been a while since anything Chevy was added to my collection, but it was New Years Eve, and I have been chasing this OOP kit for quite a while. I paid a little more than I normally would for a car kit, but it has some AM goodies with it and it has eluded me for a while, so I had no trouble sleeping.

Plus, it will sit nicely beside these two already in the stash.

Cheers, D

2 Likes

Local mag? Looks cool

1967 Chevy Impala 4-Door, Hardtop, stock Hood.

5 Likes

No, it’s a Swedish magazine. Our languages are very similar, so I can read it just fine.
The magazine is top quality, comes only 6 time, a year and I’m looking forward to every issue.

1 Like

The Supernatural Chevy is very high, on my to buy list. Love the series, must have the car.

2 Likes

Those are some super cool Corvette kits D. PE parts we dont see much of here.

Likewise, definitely on my want list!

1 Like

The Supernatural Chevy is a new tooled kit body. The panel lines are shallow but I expected that for the price.

A very nice surprise I picked up from the post office today! My '55 Chevy Pro Sportsman won the “People’s Choice” award in the Transatlantic Cars Facebook Group Speed Machines Edition (run in parallel with our Strip, Track and Trail Group Build).
My prize is this Tamiya Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II kit (not my usual fare but I’m looking forward to a Tamiya car kit build!), as well as a certificate and an medal which are very well done and a nice touch!

Cheers, D

2 Likes

Well done D.
Nice prizes, now you could always review the Nissan Skyline :wink:.
Andy :slight_smile:

A very quick initial review, not nearly enough cylinders!! :thinking: :rofl:

I will definitely get some sprue shots and run up a review this weekend!

Cheers, D

1 Like