What the postman brought today (Figures)

Getting back to this.
This is a good sculpt and great concept

1 Like

Big boxe from ‘Squadron’ happened!

“What’s the idea of this?! Why do you do things like this?!” :man_facepalming:

—mike :smiling_imp:

Note: Moved from the ‘Armor’ category.

3 Likes

“The Russians Are Here! The Russians Are Here!”

To my surprise, Live Resin’s online presence was more professional than the packaging these came in… 3 plastic zip-bags, that was it. Note: 3 pairs of boots, 5 arms and a couple of random pouches/bits/bobs. … Hope this wasn’t eBay jiggery-pokery? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

WARNING: Disturbing image from the Ukrainian battlefield.

Well, they sit like утки and quack like утки… :duck::duck: :thinking: And after I get through painting them, they’ll probably look like they were returned to the “Meat-Grinder!”

—mike :grin:

[EDIT]
Had a quick Fun-Tak dry-fitting session and for the most part the assemblies make more sense now. Looks to be an extra driver’s left arm and boots option. Pouches/bits/bobs still TBD.

2 Likes

Sounds about right. Lots of figure companies are like this and seems to be an excepted industry standard, Alpine, FER, Scale 75 and Panzer Art etc. Some give you a painted figure box art as a possible guide but given the way painters can change colors who really knows what they started with. Personally I would like to see something on what colors might be appropriate. They don’t have to list all the different paint companies (imo) just one major paint line would be enough to help get in the ballpark and/or use a conversion paint app. Could be a pdf on their website and not in or on the box kinda like Vice75 does with some figures. Vice75 Miniatures

2 Likes

To clarify… There was nothing included which might have indicated the figures were in fact official ‘Live Resin’ products, not a box or even a card with a logo. The set was purchased on eBay from China and my concern was these might be illegal knock-offs that I hear about from time-to-time. If this is not the case, then I am happy with my purchase.

—mike

1 Like

All my sets are plain white box with the figure ad photo and small bags inside. Very spartan but effective. These was from Sprue Brothers and BNA and before LR went to direct sells before the UA conflict.

1 Like

No box, just bubble-wrap.

Big Oh Snap! Never even occurred to me… ‘Live Resin’ is based in Russia. Why did I assume they were here in the USA? :man_facepalming:

My spidey sense says this sounds like a knock off. I will look later today as I think I have 35063 to compare.

1 Like

Found the kit.

2 Likes

Knocked-up… just as I suspected. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It’s a well known fact that 99% of the resin figures bought from China via Ebay and AliExpress (but not from Hong Kong typically) are going to be knock-offs. That’s why most of the descriptions say “no box” and they are usually half the price of the real deal. I’ve seen Chinese sellers marketing knock-offs from everyone - Live Resin, Alpine, D-Day, Bravo-6, Stalingrad, Hobby Fan, etc., etc.

About the only Chinese based figure seller I know of that sells the real item is ben43485225 who sells Warriors, Verlinden and Alliance Modelworks stuff. These have original packaging and he was somehow connected with Alliance.

1 Like

Needed Scale75 figures.

4 Likes

Another Scientific Models order
The next in the robot series and Scaphites planus ammonite.

Plus a Scale75 book. They had it for the cheapest I could find. The main reason for the book is it has a few pages of Scale75 color paint mix recipes that as a untrained artist I find these extremely beneficial.

3 Likes

Nice wings. :grin::innocent:

1 Like

Nice purchases. What scale is the “Unexpected”? I saw it online and was tempted

2 Likes

Latest figure kit is this 1/7 scale resin movie character. The additional Alfred E. Neuman head was really the selling point for me.

https://modelgeek.com/news/feudin-banjo-boy-resin-kit

2 Likes

The box says 1:10. I can post pics later.

1 Like

Now that means you’ll need to buy two kits. :v::grin:

3 Likes

Here are the bits for this kit.

A think it looks like a very nice canvas to work from with lots of directions you could take the robot.

4 Likes

Yes, many directions. There are several 1/8 scale plastic (affordable) figures and several more being re-released on the market today. I may have to pick this one up.
Thanks for the pictures :beer:

1 Like