Which is the best all purpose site to get models from?

It really depends on what country or continent you live on too,my best choice may not be Australias or Asia’s best choice.

1 Like

Oh yeah, BNA does good job delivering to US. I order several times from them via eBay and it was quick, fast, and a hurry for being outside the US. On the other hand, I had ordered from Luckymodels and had to wait almost 4 months cause it was back ordered which I was not told when purchasing.

It also depends on what best means. Is it the largest selection, lowest prices, highest reliability, great customer service etc…
Lowest price might be ebay but they may not have what you need at that moment.
For me I have found Scale Hobbiest is my first go to. I talk to a person who tells me if they have the item in stock or not. Sometimes I want something not listed on the site… He will go online to find if he can get the item and will get it for me if possible. I ask about a new product I saw and he will find when it is coming out and tells me when it will be available for me. Sometimes I need advice on what to get or what others are doing/using and he helps me the best he can. The customer service just keeps me coming back.

3 Likes

And it also depends on if you’re into plastic or resin kits, armor, vehicles, aircraft, or figures.

When much younger, I pledged that I would not buy resin due to its complexity, toxicity, issues with casting, rareness, odor, and expense. Now I almost always buy resin kits because they’re so limited and exclusive…older, I can afford them and modelers have posted on how to build resin kits and get rid of the gas odor (place them outside in the sun to air out and dry).

So for resin figure kits, I often buy direct from the vendor or from Europe because general online hobby shops often don’t stock the resin (figure) kits.

If you want Wargaming, that is another matter all together and there are some very good wargaming online shops, but they don’t sell model kits.

Oh, and now is Summer Sale time and I’ve seen online hobby shops post and close out sales…usually before school starts in August. The next sales will be around American Thanksgiving and before Christmas and then most vendors take Christmas and New Year’s off.

1 Like

Same here…HLJ most of the time…with BNA models close behind. Dragon Hobbies ranks in there. I noticed the Chinese kit topic as well. While trying not to buy them, my stash is getting to the point that, that alone restricts my buying anything let alone a kit from China. I do break down from time to time to get that one subject matter that is rarely seen in plastic…Chinese or otherwise.