WIP : Miniart 1/35 Pz.IV, 2.Pz.Div. Kursk

Yep, the division has been known as being “from Wienna” even thou there were a lot of non-austrians serving. The book is the 80s edition, written by a veteran officer. Its a very dry and german staff like work, not a lot of armour pictures. There was a ton of books like this written after the war by veteran associations. Most of them are unknown outside of Germany because of the language barrier.

3 Likes

Wiener also refers to a Vienna Sausage :smirk::hotdog:

3 Likes

Which is still not a hot dog.
While we are at it, frankfurter refers to the city of Frankfurt.
Ken

2 Likes

But there are also frankfurter sausages… :wink:

Like JFK’s classic flub, it is in the phrasing to differentiate between a person’s region of origin and an item that has the same name… “ich bin” or “ich bin ein”…

3 Likes

True, but again they are not hot dogs. Americans just like to give weird names to things to make it sound foreign.
For example French Toast and French Fries don’t come from France.
Hamburgers do not come from Hamburg.
Russian Roulette is not Russian.
Ken

3 Likes

French Toast is be curious to know the origin of… now I’m curious what fries are called in France- in Germany they are Pommes Frites, in England they are Chips… of course here in the USA they are French Fries, but what are they in France?

2 Likes

Awesome another fun Kitmaker Six Degrees of Separation demo – so we have 1) MiniArt’s Mk IV to (2) Vienna to (3) sausages to (4) French Fries to (5) McDonalds also serves bacon to (6) Kevin Bacon :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hey! Ich bien Frankfurter!

Or is it a frankfurter?

3 Likes

The hamburger sandwich was invented at Louie’s Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut, USA in 1895.

1 Like

I think its a Dr. Frank N. Furter.
Ken

3 Likes

rocky horror picture show gifs | WiffleGif

2 Likes

Sooo in Germany I order with “Pommes” in France and souther Belgium I order with “Frits”.

2 Likes

@Naseby Jacob, which 2nd Panzer Division insignia are you planning to use?

Apologies if I missed it in the thread.

1 Like

Ask me in five years when its ready for paint :slight_smile:

4 Likes