WIP : Miniart 1/35 Pz.IV, 2.Pz.Div. Kursk

The title says it all doesnt it ? This one will be a looong one since its the full interiour version. I have also pulled out some books, the first one on the history of the 2nd division does barely mention Kursk at all. The PeKo books have nice pictures, but I will order more books to have a better understanding of the details of late G models.

11 Likes

Jacob,

I highly recommend you both Update 3 and 4 of Craig Ellis “PzKpfw.IV At the front” series.
They are available here both as a hard copy and e-book:
https://www.blurb.co.uk/user/8wheels-good

When it comes to Pz.IV. Ausf.G/H details and specifics these titles are my Bible,

HTH,
Cheers,
Angel

3 Likes

In addition to the books mentioned above, these are favorites on Pz IV.

Plus

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into them.

Hello,

Good choice on choosing this model of Minart Panzer 4.

It is packed full of detail and its a challenge to work with so many parts in the box.

The main thing is being focussed on the 1 kit subject as I found I steered away rom the kit doing other models and then come back to finish the panzer 4.

Typical of Miniart once you take the lid off its packed to the top with the sprues but once its all detailed it all comes together.

Here is a brief example of the breakdone of the kit components to paint seporately before getting glued together. Each image showing the exceptional detail.

One of the best things for Miniart was detailing the underside of the fenders

Good luck with your project.

Michael

9 Likes

Thanks for the comments. I have opened the box yesterday and started. Althou I have more Miniart PzIVs in the stash and some other stuff awell, Im still impressed by the sheer number of parts. Its making orientation on the sprues rather difficult. So far not much has been done since I will have to order more books on the subject (which is ironic as I had a 1:1 PzIVH locally available to visit).

8 Likes

Nice kit, but Miniart could do better research.
There were two alternative intercom systems for this tank. The model has features of both, mixed in.

David

Thats why im ordering more books.

1 Like

I bought the the recommended Pz.IV book from Spielberger in the german translation. It looks realy good.

3 Likes

So the first thing I actually noticed in the book is that the right side ammo storage on Ausf.G had indentations in the covering hatch, which Miniart didnt provide. Im gonna use the parts as they are. Other than that the kit has been great so far.

4 Likes

Sloooowlyyy moving ahead. Level of detail is impressive.

8 Likes

Has it realy been half a year since the last update ? Well Miniart interiour kits arent a shake and bake. Here is the current progress.

11 Likes

That’s some incredible detail Jacob. I have a few miniart kits , a T-44 with interior fir one , and it looks like a lot of work. I’m a slow builder too.

3 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Put the Maybach in today, it actually took better part of the day.

7 Likes

New book, this one should have more information on the 2. Panzerdivision during the Kursk battle.

6 Likes

Would you please translate the title for us?

The History of the 2nd Weiner/“Hot Dog” Armored Division or similar :thinking:. Is there an English version? I can’t read German but the book looks very interesting and I like to model 2nd Panzer Division vehicles.

Thank you

2 Likes

The word Weiner is German for Vienna/referring to/or being from Vienna, where the division was stationed after the Anschluss.
I don’t know if they did any “hot dogging!”
Ken

3 Likes

Last month I finished the T-44 and I started the T-44 M … if you need any help let me know because I had a few issues with the kit.

1 Like

Thanks Nito

2 Likes