WIP Tamiya’s Sturmtiger 1/35 scale

Wow Tom your figure painting is even better than your tank camo! And your tank camo is awesome! These figures are incredible! The expressions you get on their faces are ultra realistic. Excellent, excellent work man!

2 Likes

Latest figure plus throwing an idea around for a simple diorama

3 Likes

The figures look great Tom and the placement looks good, but I would put the one in the trench coat and hands in pockets with the 2 who are taking details from the ammo round as his head has more of a looking down angle from the pic you posted. All it will needs is some basic ground work and it’s going to look superb.
Where are the figures from again ? as some of them have great poses. :+1:

1 Like

The two newest he said are Evolution and some of the others appear like Alpine (Jeep).

Very nice figures Tom. I agree with Johnny on the trench coat and I would put the two guys flanking pocket pool player in a line on the opposite side of where the rounds are as if they are where on a patrol and happened by the scene. Maybe even no helmet to the trio, I am wherever you put them will be good.

2 Likes

John…Like Ryan said, the figures are Evolution (the ones on the Sturmtiger/checking the 380mm round) and Alpine (Jeep driver/shotgun, infantry looking at the back) and one Bronco (rear seat passenger of Jeep whom I haven’t completed yet). Many thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing about the infantry and Jeep…put them on the opposite side. I have to look at the base I intend on using (normal size picture frame…12 x 14 maybe?) and really sketch this out. Give me a few years and I’ll have this knocked out…

1 Like

You could do two dios. Each smaller and quicker to finish. If you wanted too.

The figures on the vehicle and round tell a compelling story.

The soldiers walking and jeep stopping to let them pass for puddle, bridge or something else would look good on its own too.

1 Like

OK, you have stepped the diorama up with a great idea using the idea of a recovery team. The figure poses are perfect.

1 Like