WIP Tamiya’s Sturmtiger 1/35 scale

WIP on my Tamiya 1/35 Sturmtiger. Using parts from Eduard’s interior set, DEF Model’s Zimmerit and PE grills, and spare parts from a CMK Tiger 1 interior set. Just used to CMK kit to fill in the void in front…definitely not shooting for accuracy.

5 Likes

Always wondered about this one Tom. Your doing a cracking job with it so far. Does Tamiya provide any internal items ? Mortars etc ? You see the wagon from the outside in images but I never realised just how little room there was in the fighting compartment. Very up close and personal for the crew !!
Looking forward to seeing more.

2 Likes

Tamiya provides the floor, basic drivers seat, and the weapons rack. I also used the Maybach engine from their Mechanics set with some additional wiring. Eduard floor plates with a diamond pattern really looks better than Tamiya’s floor texture

Forgot…the ammo is from the kit. Four rounds; three without fuzes and one with.

My shopping list is now getting larger !!, the wife will not be a happy bunny lol

1 Like

I recently got the RFM kit with full interior for my birthday. It’s got everything in one box and it’s all accurate. Not bad on the price, either.

2 Likes

You may want to take SSGTOMS advice and get RFM’s Sturmtiger…May be cheaper than getting disparate pieces/parts as well as enhancing domestic tranquillity

I did look at that one when I saw Matt’s post, it is still a bit steep for me with the interior, but I saw RFM also do one without, and there is an AFV club one as well… All I would need then is a zimmeritt sheet so it wouldn’t work to bad. I would probably get some extra ammo to use in it or around it .

Ready for paint

Camo done. Subtle “Ambush” scheme

3 Likes

Liking the cam finish on it. The faint ghosting of ambush cam gives it a nice old and worn look.

1 Like

An awesome build and now fantastic paint job Tom.

1 Like

2 Likes

Looking amazing!!! :smile:

1 Like

What good is Modeling a damaged/abandoned Sturmtiger if you don’t have GI’s crawling all over it? Evolution Miniatures.

3 Likes

Great looking figures Tom, they will certainly add to the whole scenario when crawling over the S-tiger.

1 Like

All was OK until I saw the ammo on the racks and it became an "OH S----T " moment. there is not much room for the crew and if one of those went off inside…Oh man!!

1 Like

Second figure complete for my “probably never be completed” Sturmtiger diorama

4 Likes

great pose and finish … And the pressure is always there … you gotta get to the finish line and do the dio … you’ve put to much hard work into it …and you owe it to … US :wink: lol , ok, and you.

2 Likes